Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    With ebay, I have no expectations, I just place the bid and cross my fingers. I'm offering X take or leave it, because 9 times out of 10,it'll be for sale next week.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

It's completely misused, Ron by people who literally don't understand the concept. It can be infuriating. Like when you get a counteroffer of $1.00 off the asking price. Ridiculous
    It's unfortunate that it's becoming -- at least by my recent experience, but perhaps I've just had a run of bad luck -- more prevalent and apparently an increasingly acceptable practice. The concept of it's X or the Best higher Offer is just kind of odd to me and would seem to run counter to the eBay platform...I thought that's what bidding what for, to bid up the price from it's open. I mean, I do get that there's nothing improper about it...it's just a weird change from what used to be an understood option (X or the Best Offer less than X).

Now I don't know whether to get excited or disappointed when I see that option pop up.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Not sure when it became popular for sellers to use eBay’s Or Best Offer option as a vehicle for buyers to offer MORE than the opening price, but I’m not a fan. Three times in as many weeks have all been declined...one offer was even at the opening price. Frustrating, and an odd reversal of traditional use.
    It's completely misused, Ron by people who literally don't understand the concept. It can be infuriating. Like when you get a counteroffer of $1.00 off the asking price. Ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Not sure when it became popular for sellers to use eBay’s Or Best Offer option as a vehicle for buyers to offer MORE than the opening price, but I’m not a fan. Three times in as many weeks have all been declined...one offer was even at the opening price. Frustrating, and an odd reversal of traditional use.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Still not picking it up. Not sure what happened.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

That's really irritating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X