Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    To get you all into the Halloween spirit, and maybe call back to a time when CD sold pumpkin prints (I am drawing a blank on the artist . . . all I can think of is Gorp and I'm pretty sure that's not right . . . GAK?) here's a spooky jack-o-lantern my wife made:

IMG_3209.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Speaking of eBay, after 22 years of being an eBay member, I had my worst encounter ever with another member last night. This guy was completely unhinged, possibly mentally unwell, and clearly felt safe to verbally abuse me over nothing since eBay's policies overtly favor buyers. He is now blocked from my future auctions, but it makes me question whether starting to sell my books there is worth the potential hassle, though I know I shouldn't let one proverbial bad apple spoil the cart. That said, if this kind of thing rears its head more than once in a blue moon, I don't know if I have the temperament to continue with the sales on the eBay platform...I'm a pretty laid-back, patient guy who tries to treat everyone with kindness and respect, but it took everything I had to remain professional and not respond in kind when so unjustly berated, and I'm getting too old to exercise that hard.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Came across This guys auction, Looks like he's got some interesting titles. I have no connection with him, but I thought I would share it with Y'all just in case someone is looking for something he has listed.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/glodowski12...p2047675.l2562

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    You're right Ron, I didn't even think of that. I've never had that kind of issue, so it slipped past me. Hopefully it is a great deal for somebody.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    This looks like a good deal on ebay if anybody is interested https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLES-BEA...UAAOSw9VxfXP88
    That is a heckuva deal (and one of the genre’s best collections!), but, man, I’d sure be nervous about a book that’s been vapor-locked in cellophane for thirty years. If any moisture was present at time of wrap or seeped in anytime in the last three decades...the new owner could have a very nasty surprise waiting for them when that cellophane is finally torn off.

Or not. Might be just fine. Older books in cellophane are like the proverbial box of chocolates...you just never know what you’re going to get.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X