No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave1442397 28 at $5 each?? Wow, I thought *my* house was stuffed with 19 of them! Not only do you win the Most Understanding Wife Award, but the Deal of the Century Award as well.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Dave1442397 28 at $5 each?? Wow, I thought *my* house was stuffed with 19 of them! Not only do you win the Most Understanding Wife Award, but the Deal of the Century Award as well.
      Lol, thanks

Comment

Ok, I can't let this bookcase thing go LOL. A couple of partial shots. One is a four tier, the darker bookcase is a 5 with a drawer at the bottom. Yes, they need to be dusted HAHHA!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. We have a little knick knacky thing in our house that says "You can touch the dust, but please don't write in it".
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Great to see everyone’s bookcases, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Ok, I can't let this bookcase thing go LOL. A couple of partial shots. One is a four tier, the darker bookcase is a 5 with a drawer at the bottom. Yes, they need to be dusted HAHHA!!
              I like those barrister bookcases. At least most of the dust stays on the outside, unlike my shelves

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I got all my bookshelves from my last job. I had just started there in 2002, when they announced that we would be moving to a new building that came with office furniture, so they were going to auction off most of the furniture in the current building. I bid on a desk (still using it 18+ years later) and as many bookshelves as I could, not thinking I'd get most of them.

Apparently, very few people wanted bookshelves I ended up getting 28 of them at $5 each. When the day came to pick up your purchases, it was mostly people grabbing a nice chair and sticking it in their car. As the new guy, I got some funny looks when I drove up in a U-Haul truck and started loading up. I got the 28 bookshelves, two desks, and two chairs. One desk was just something I wanted as a workbench, and it's still in the basement.

The bookshelves are scattered around the house (as many as my wife let me get away with), and the rest are lining the walls of the attic, mostly filled with older paperbacks. Once COVID is done, I have to sort through them and get rid of a lot. No way I'm moving these again.

attic.JPG
                What's up with the glasses on top of the bookcase? Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Did anyone take advantage of today's offer? I snagged a copy when I returned from my trip today and put everything away. ~Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                    Did anyone take advantage of today's offer? I snagged a copy when I returned from my trip today and put everything away. ~Cap
                    I did not receive an offer today.

Comment

I have really shattered my budget(s) lately. Still haven't used a CC but damn I'm pushing my limits. Think I need to stay of the interwebs for awhile as my self control seems to have vanished. Plus I need to remember I have a few books yet to pay for with Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

What's up with the glasses on top of the bookcase? Cap
                        Some are souvenirs from various places, and some are just leftovers from my single days. More clutter to sort through and dispose of.

Comment

Your entire setup is gorgeous. I have all of my books on shelves and they don't look nearly that nice. Of course, I have a mix of IKEA and Walmart bookshelves so that could be it. Heck, even the desk in the middle of the room looks nice.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Not at all, I’ve been known to do the same a time or two. Speaking of home libraries, I just featured pictures of mine on Twitter today, if you want to have a look:
                          https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...986778633?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Your entire setup is gorgeous. I have all of my books on shelves and they don't look nearly that nice. Of course, I have a mix of IKEA and Walmart bookshelves so that could be it. Heck, even the desk in the middle of the room looks nice.

Thanks, appreciate that. I like the way it's set up now...this office/library has been through a few iterations, but this one works for me the best of all, it's a keeper.

Comment

And in a completely random thought. South West Washington has experienced an extremely mild winter. I think the number of days we dipped below freezing is in single digits with most of them having been in the last week. This afternoon when I went out to retrieve the mail I thought 'this is the first time I have been out when it felt like winter'. Two hours later and it is snowing like crazy. First snow of the season and it looks beautiful!

Comment

Not familiar with the West Coast but that seems awful odd weather indeed. I would have assumed snow in November for you folks.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                And in a completely random thought. South West Washington has experienced an extremely mild winter. I think the number of days we dipped below freezing is in single digits with most of them having been in the last week. This afternoon when I went out to retrieve the mail I thought 'this is the first time I have been out when it felt like winter'. Two hours later and it is snowing like crazy. First snow of the season and it looks beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                                X