Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Asked a coworker what books they have recently read and was told about books they listened to in the car. I may have come off as slightly snobbish when I responded that I don't consider listening to audiobooks as reading. To me, they are two different things. I personally never listen to audiobooks. I don't find the same enjoyment level as when physically reading a book and don't want the story spoiled by potentially not liking the narrator. If I am driving or doing some other physical activity that prevents reading, I would much prefer to just listen to music and find time later on to actually sit down and read. Anyone feel the same way or have I pushed into snobsville?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Yep, that's them. 2013? Have I been around here that long to remember those? (Yep - right there - joined Oct 2013 . . .)

That's actually the most recent version of those. He did them 2 or 3 times before that. There were even some Christmas themed ones. I don't have any photos of those though.

Leave a comment:

• JJ123
    replied
    Here's a random thought on the movie Freaky, coming soon from Blumhouse.

It probably would have been a really good horror film, if...

It had been done with a serious tone. Disappointing that it is a comedy in the same category of Happy Death Day. That too was marred by its tone, but I was okay with it for the most part (thought the sequel was very weak, though). But this current film, with Vince Vaughn being funny, etc....the concept begs for a serious treatment (I guess you could say it is a riff on one of my favorite films, Satan's Little Helper) instead of a broad-comedic one...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Happy Halloween!

Love the pumpkin!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Happy Halloween!
    covid-halloween.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...