X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    With ebay, I have no expectations, I just place the bid and cross my fingers. I'm offering X take or leave it, because 9 times out of 10,it'll be for sale next week.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

The last few ebay items I wanted, I just added to my watch list and waited. I had three sellers contact me with offers of 30-40% off their buy it now price.
    I've taken advantage of several offers like this as well,.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    With ebay, I have no expectations, I just place the bid and cross my fingers. I'm offering X take or leave it, because 9 times out of 10,it'll be for sale next week.
    The last few ebay items I wanted, I just added to my watch list and waited. I had three sellers contact me with offers of 30-40% off their buy it now price.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

It's completely misused, Ron by people who literally don't understand the concept. It can be infuriating. Like when you get a counteroffer of $1.00 off the asking price. Ridiculous
    It's unfortunate that it's becoming -- at least by my recent experience, but perhaps I've just had a run of bad luck -- more prevalent and apparently an increasingly acceptable practice. The concept of it's X or the Best higher Offer is just kind of odd to me and would seem to run counter to the eBay platform...I thought that's what bidding what for, to bid up the price from it's open. I mean, I do get that there's nothing improper about it...it's just a weird change from what used to be an understood option (X or the Best Offer less than X).

Now I don't know whether to get excited or disappointed when I see that option pop up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X