No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a brighter note the air quality around my home has improved from Hazardous to Vary Unhealthy. I believe this is the first time in 36 hours we have left the Hazardous range.

Comment

Martin, hit you down south before it hit me in the Puget Sound region...but it's here now. Touted by the local Emergency Response Dept. as a "supermassive smoke cloud" from both the California and Oregon (and our own here in WA) fires, it's made things pretty hazy out there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Curious to see how colorful tonight's sunset will be...
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I never realized the Air Quality Index went into the 400s/500s. I thought our high 190s/low 200s were bad and then I saw the PNW.

Scary stuff in deed - and be safe everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Martin, hit you down south before it hit me in the Puget Sound region...but it's here now. Touted by the local Emergency Response Dept. as a "supermassive smoke cloud" from both the California and Oregon (and our own here in WA) fires, it's made things pretty hazy out there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Curious to see how colorful tonight's sunset will be...
          Tuesday we had red skies mid day. Since then it has been too thick to allow color through. Just grey and like dusk all day. All my outdoor lights are on sensors and they only turn off a few hours a day. Here they are saying things will not begin to clear out until next week. Hopefully Puget Sound will have enough air movement to move it out quicker. The local news just listed air quality for various cities. Seattle is still a lot lower than we are down here but they are still pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I never realized the Air Quality Index went into the 400s/500s. I thought our high 190s/low 200s were bad and then I saw the PNW.

Scary stuff in deed - and be safe everyone.
            Vancouver has dropped from mid 300's yesterday to mid 200's today. White Salmon which is about 25 miles from me is currently reading 755. They have a fire near them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Tuesday we had red skies mid day. Since then it has been too thick to allow color through. Just grey and like dusk all day. All my outdoor lights are on sensors and they only turn off a few hours a day. Here they are saying things will not begin to clear out until next week. Hopefully Puget Sound will have enough air movement to move it out quicker. The local news just listed air quality for various cities. Seattle is still a lot lower than we are down here but they are still pretty bad.
              Yeah, the Sound must be driving at least some clearing air, because our area is definitely not as bad as you’re describing. Good luck!

Comment

2020 is true horror. Stay safe everyone. This is trauma on trauma.

Comment

Vancouver has dropped from mid 300's yesterday to mid 200's today. White Salmon which is about 25 miles from me is currently reading 755. They have a fire near them though.
                  A friend from a previous life lives in that area, and she posted a screenshot from her phone about the "weather" and air quality. I feel it's easier to breathe underwater than trying to breathe where the AQI is at 755.

Comment

Right now in my city.

Comment

Ron, your photo is not coming through. My area air quality is back at 340, if I am outside for any amount of time I start coughing. White Salmon has dropped to 420.
                      This is a photo looking directly at the sun from my front door on a cloud free afternoon.
                      Smoke.jpg

Comment

Mine was 220 earlier today; it’s now at 196. Our area looks like yours, but 340 is wild, let alone 420...can’t imagine. Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Mine was 220 earlier today; it’s now at 196. Our area looks like yours, but 340 is wild, let alone 420...can’t imagine. Hang in there!
                          I am now at 398 and the sun is no longer visible through the smoke. Inside is again smelling like a campfire and I am starting to cough while inside. I am so ready for this to end. Considering trying Costco and Best Buy tomorrow to see if they have any home air purifiers in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

A friend from a previous life lives in that area, and she posted a screenshot from her phone about the "weather" and air quality. I feel it's easier to breathe underwater than trying to breathe where the AQI is at 755.
                            I hope your friend does not live Northwest of there. That fire is moving towards populated areas with level 1 evacuation (be alert) for the town of Yacolt and level 2 evacuation (be ready) for the town of Cougar. I believe the increase in smoke here is from that fire as we continue to get worse. My outside lights came on at about four and my air quality i snow 419. I am very thankful that I am only dealing with the smoke. Oregon and Washington already have multiple towns burned with more in the current paths of these fires.

Comment

The air quality index at my house has dropped to under 500 for the first time in over 24 hours, yea!

Comment

The air quality index at my house has dropped to under 500 for the first time in over 24 hours, yea!
                                Hopefully it keeps dropping and the fires are done soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X