Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome!

Comment

Hey everyone, don't mind me. I just need a corner to curl up in while the HR scythe sweeps through my agency, shaving hours and dollars in every swipe. Not many safe havens out there. This text box feels cozy enough. And I can hear all your chatter through the walls. The soft murmur of humanity is soothing. Don't mind me.

Comment

If it helps my entire family had had their hours cut. I wish you the best.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Hey everyone, don't mind me. I just need a corner to curl up in while the HR scythe sweeps through my agency, shaving hours and dollars in every swipe. Not many safe havens out there. This text box feels cozy enough. And I can hear all your chatter through the walls. The soft murmur of humanity is soothing. Don't mind me.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          If it helps my entire family had had their hours cut. I wish you the best.
          I appreciate the support. But it doesn't help because I don't want your family's hours cut either. In fact, if I could make it possible to cast a spell protecting all the people in this forum from the bullshit that's happening, then I would. I'd even protect the jerks who operate YouTube channels. But I don't read fantasy novels so I don't know any spells.

Stay lively my friends. Keep humming through the walls.

Comment

Stay very still and quiet, Jeff. Maybe the scythe will pass you by.

My salary has been reduced to 1/3. I don't see it changing til at least August/September.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

My salary has been reduced to 1/3. I don't see it changing til at least August/September.
              OH MAN! That's a deep cut. FFFFFFFF. So sorry to hear that. A coworker of mine had his salary reduced by 1/10 and I'm waiting for my turn as I listen to the job report on the radio. Sorry to everyone and anyone out there who is in their own mental corner.

Comment

Ouch and sorry. We had our finances reduced by 30-35% and are hurting. Luckily we just snagged our first tax return in about 7 years. That helped but makes me wonder what we did wrong. We like to basically break even or owe a few hundred bucks.

Comment

OH MAN! That's a deep cut. FFFFFFFF. So sorry to hear that. A coworker of mine had his salary reduced by 1/10 and I'm waiting for my turn as I listen to the job report on the radio. Sorry to everyone and anyone out there who is in their own mental corner.
                  It allows me to keep my insurance and retirement going. Nonessential purchases will be shelved for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Ouch and sorry. We had our finances reduced by 30-35% and are hurting. Luckily we just snagged our first tax return in about 7 years. That helped but makes me wonder what we did wrong. We like to basically break even or owe a few hundred bucks.
                    Any reduction sucks for sure. There will be a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul but we'll manage.

Comment

I robbed Peter a few weeks ago. Hoping things turn around for you, me, and everyone.

Any reduction sucks for sure. There will be a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul but we'll manage.

Comment

I robbed Peter a few weeks ago. Hoping things turn around for you, me, and everyone.
                        Thanks, Tim and ditto!

Comment

So sorry to hear of the economic impact to so many here. I am very fortunate to have a job that I am able to work from home and is not facing any cuts for now. Hopefully things will turnaround before the damage is to great.
                          Last edited by Martin; 04-24-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Hopefully things will turnaround before the damage is to great.
                            That's my greatest fear. The longer this goes on, the deeper the damage.

Comment

That's my greatest fear. The longer this goes on, the deeper the damage.
                              And as I'm sure you heard, Governor Pritzker just extended the stay-at-home order through May 30 here in Illinois. Things are going to get worse before they get better, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                                And as I'm sure you heard, Governor Pritzker just extended the stay-at-home order through May 30 here in Illinois. Things are going to get worse before they get better, I'm afraid.
                                I know. And I really don't know what to believe. Are we being too cautious? Not cautious enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X