• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Is that possible?
    An oxymoron.

Comment

It's too Dang hot to do anything outside. Perfect excuse to play in the shelves!!
      Shelves.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        It's too Dang hot to do anything outside. Perfect excuse to play in the shelves!!
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21605[/ATTACH]
        Lots of Centipede goodness in that pic! :-)
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks Ron! I'm trying to get them all together, got a ways to go lol!!

Comment

Thanks Ron! I'm trying to get them all together, got a ways to go lol!!
            One of these days I need to get the Sub Press S/L HC of THE MARTIAN...I have the UK S/L HC, which I think came before the Sub Press edition and thus making it the true first S/L HC of the book and thus arguably preferable. But that said, I also have the S/L Sub Press edition of ARTEMIS, and the collector in me kinda wants the matching look of the two Sub Press books. So far I've been able to resist buying the Sub Press edition to replace mine. I posted a Want to Trade ad over at TDT.org in the Weir thread, but didn't have any takers.

R.e. your Centipede titles: I continue to wonder if I made the right decision in passing on the Nolan MoTW volume ("But I already have every one of his collections, so presumably it'd be all reprints," I reasoned...same reasoning I used in the Leiber MoTW set) and the Blackburn novels (cool series, but I've tried him twice and just can't get into his work, for some odd reason...you'd think macabre mysteries would be right up my alley). I find myself kicking myself more often these days for passing on both. Btw, I'm curious: What is the book on the immediate left of the lower-shelf stack? I don't immediately recognize the spine...

Comment

Ron, it's Fritz Leiber Masters of Science Fiction. I kick myself at times as well, however I'm glad I got the Nolan because of his connection with the Group and Bradbury. I had picked up Like a Dead Man Walking earlier, but I followed up with the MoTW volume as well.

Comment

Ron, it's Fritz Leiber Masters of Science Fiction.
                Odd, mine doesn't look like that at all. You have some sort of yellow cloud obscuring most of the upper half of the spine, and my edition doesn't have anything like that on the spine. I wonder if Jerad had two version of djs or...?

leiber.jpg

Comment

My bad Ron, I'll double check when I get home and let you know, I misread what you sent.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21605[/ATTACH]
                    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    Odd, mine doesn't look like that at all. You have some sort of yellow cloud obscuring most of the upper half of the spine, and my edition doesn't have anything like that on the spine. I wonder if Jerad had two version of djs or...?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21606[/ATTACH]
                    Here is my requisite post clearly stating my envy of both of your Centipede books. I am still kicking myself for not picking up the Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale and Masters of Science Fiction books. Now they tend to show up on the aftermarket at prices that are a little too high. The MotWT might be a little easier to swallow at the higher price points, but the MoSF book has been breaking $200 which is a little steep since I'm not a huge SF fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Here is my requisite post clearly stating my envy of both of your Centipede books. I am still kicking myself for not picking up the Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale and Masters of Science Fiction books. Now they tend to show up on the aftermarket at prices that are a little too high. The MotWT might be a little easier to swallow at the higher price points, but the MoSF book has been breaking $200 which is a little steep since I'm not a huge SF fan.
                      It took a lot of inner debate and handwringing to decide to pass on the MoTW Leiber volume. I doublechecked the ToC of those volumes against what I already have, and just couldn't justify the expense for a bunch of stories I largely (all?) already had. That said, I still lament that I don't have it on my shelf...the pics I saw of it attest to its quality and beauty, and I'd love to have it as a testament to an author I enjoy.

Comment

OK Ron, That book is The Drive-In Joe Lansdale!

Comment

Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
                          Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.

Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
                            Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.

Cap
                            I am not even getting my question answered.

Comment

He who will not be named.....LOL!!

Comment

OK Ron, That book is The Drive-In Joe Lansdale!
                                I looked at my copy of Centipede's THE DRIVE-IN and, thought, wait, that's still not right, mine doesn't look quite like that...until I noticed that yours is upside-down!

Comment

Working...
                                X