Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Daughter is closing in on her 19th birthday and finally getting close to taking her driving test. She has a few personal challenges which has made learning to drive a much longer than normal process. I wish her the best, and as a Dad, I am nervous as can be about the test and her actually out there driving without me!

Test will be in two weeks. Fingers crossed.
    I can imagine the nerves! She'll do great and everything will be fine. If I can drive anyone can.

Comment

Alright. So in summary I need to have my daughter take her test in Western PA, on a Saturday, timing it where Jeff is taking the test right before her, and near the time of PSU's kickoff. Got it!

Thanks folks. LOL LOL

Just kidding of course.

Edit: Mr. Jeffingoff. I will be PMing you to coordinate this. ;-)

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      For my driving test, I had trouble with the parallel parking, but the instructor basically said, "Eh, I can't do this either, let's get back before the Penn State game kickoff."

Brian
      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I can imagine the nerves! She'll do great and everything will be fine. If I can drive anyone can.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        This gives me GREAT comfort walking around downtown. Thanks for nothing Jeff!!

Comment

I should have failed my test on a technicality. We had a break light out that I didn't know about and in PA they are supposed to fail you for that. Luckily my examiner didn't was lenient. I also cheated as I would be driving a manual, but I took the test on an automatic.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Daughter is closing in on her 19th birthday and finally getting close to taking her driving test. She has a few personal challenges which has made learning to drive a much longer than normal process. I wish her the best, and as a Dad, I am nervous as can be about the test and her actually out there driving without me!

Test will be in two weeks. Fingers crossed.
            Best of luck to her! I was fully licensed at 15. Unheard of these days I'm sure. Of course here in the heartland, farm kids pretty much start driving as soon as they can walk.

Comment

I was 16 but driving well before that. Grew up in very rural NW PA and was driving all kinds of things before my license. Tractors/Combines/3 Wheelers/Snow Machines and of course farm trucks.

Her main issue is I think her height. She is 4'-7". About five months ago we bought her a used car that fit her better than our vehicles and fitted her car with pedal extenders and a seat riser. She has improved greatly since the accommodations.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Best of luck to her! I was fully licensed at 15. Unheard of these days I'm sure. Of course here in the heartland, farm kids pretty much start driving as soon as they can walk.

Comment

chunky peanut butter. yup.
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Smooth for me.

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
                  chunky peanut butter. yup.

Comment

Smooth for me.
                    I like to mix them both together.

Comment

You are one sick puppy. LOL LOL and just kidding.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Comment

I was 16 but driving well before that. Grew up in very rural NW PA and was driving all kinds of things before my license. Tractors/Combines/3 Wheelers/Snow Machines and of course farm trucks.

Her main issue is I think her height. She is 4'-7". About five months ago we bought her a used car that fit her better than our vehicles and fitted her car with pedal extenders and a seat riser. She has improved greatly since the accommodations.
                        Yeppers. Sounds she's got the right equipment for the job now.

Comment

Smooth for me.
                          Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Be careful, Richard Prior tried that once and it blew up causing severe burns.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                              Good luck, Man. Stay safe, and check in when you can.
                              Thank you!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I will stick with living amongst live volcanos.
                              Probably a smart plan.

Hurricane party at Tommy's!
                              BYOB - Bring your own boat...

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Good luck, Tommy. Do you have some where to go until the storm literally blows over?
                              Luckily (and after the weather people scared the hell out of everyone in my area for a good solid week) we had a few gusts of wind and barely three inches of rain where I am. If it actually flooded, my ass would be on my roof with some King books in plastic bags.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Stay safe!
                              Thank you, Martin! Somehow, I did, this time. And thanks everyone for your thoughts! My power didn't even go off this time! YAY! A big branch fell on my roof but did no damage. Yeah, I got real lucky. My heart goes out to NC. They got it bad.

Comment

Mofongo knows.
                                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X