X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I feel so powerful today. I sold a book that i was pretty indifferent to for $565.00 and turned around and bought several other books that i really wanted. What a great Monday, I think, I'll celebrate with Chinese food! Have a great day guys!
    Nice start to the week!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cha-ching! Congrats my friend. Love hearing about win wins.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I feel so powerful today. I sold a book that i was pretty indifferent to for $565.00 and turned around and bought several other books that i really wanted. What a great Monday, I think, I'll celebrate with Chinese food! Have a great day guys!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff by Gaimon increased a ton. One of the few books I ever sold. I don't remember the specifics but I was shocked by the value in that little book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I bought my Fine/Fine/slipcased CD Gift Edition of IT from a member of TDT.org back in 2013. I don't recall how much I paid, but I remember it was a nice deal he gave me...$100 seems to stick in mind, but honestly not sure if that is correct. Might've been $150, but I know it wasn't anymore than that, and I do think it was closer to the former figure...as I recall, anyhow. I've had a number of book increase substantially in value since my time of purchase, but percentage-wise, this edition of IT has to be near the top.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Yep! My copy did come with a slipcase. Although the slipcase did have a giant barcode sticker on it that couldn’t cleanly remove but I did get a replacement directly from CD.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Even $700 is tempting! I paid $78.75 for copy from Amazon on 12/21/2001 (my god it's been that long?!?!)

And it may be blasphemous, but seeing what Misery goes for is always tempting to me . . . (I still really wish I kept the extra signature sheet in my copy and not have Paul "fix it" - imagine how much more that could have been worth?)

Oh - and I love this guy's review of CD's IT - this was a bargain compared to what's been coming out:

cd_it.PNG
    (Maybe he's complaining about the asking price in 2013 . . .)
    Did the copy you get from Amazon have the slipcase? I think this was the book that copies sent to a distributer, intended for libraries made it onto Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Even $700 is tempting! I paid $78.75 for copy from Amazon on 12/21/2001 (my god it's been that long?!?!)

And it may be blasphemous, but seeing what Misery goes for is always tempting to me . . . (I still really wish I kept the extra signature sheet in my copy and not have Paul "fix it" - imagine how much more that could have been worth?)

Oh - and I love this guy's review of CD's IT - this was a bargain compared to what's been coming out:

cd_it.PNG
    2011 I think you mean but still a helluva deal over the issue price of $125.00. I almost purchased one for that amount but thought it was too high at the time lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm not an old timer really but injuries and arthritis have really kicked my butt.

I laughed at this because while I don't think I'm an old-timer, I may be entering that phase of life.

How'd you hurt your back? Uhm, brushing my teeth.

(True story - I through my back out a few years ago. How you ask? Well, I was sitting on the couch with my then girlfriend watching X-Files (she was too young for it when it aired originally,) and I got up to feed the dog. BAM. Back OUT! Somehow I managed to even go to work the next day (train to and from Seattle, and walking downtown,) but the next day was a trip to urgent care that ended with a shot in the butt.)

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    CD's auctions go for considerably more than market value. You probably wouldn't have trouble getting $700 for it though.

cd_it.PNG

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I laughed at this because while I don't think I'm an old-timer, I may be entering that phase of life.

How'd you hurt your back? Uhm, brushing my teeth.

(True story - I through my back out a few years ago. How you ask? Well, I was sitting on the couch with my then girlfriend watching X-Files (she was too young for it when it aired originally,) and I got up to feed the dog. BAM. Back OUT! Somehow I managed to even go to work the next day (train to and from Seattle, and walking downtown,) but the next day was a trip to urgent care that ended with a shot in the butt.)

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Can we start a thread for us to discuss, at least the old timers, our daily ailments?

For instance- the weather here as drastically changed overnight- and my bad knee is singing the blues. That coupled with my thrown out back are making this a tough day.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Damn! $910 at the moment!

I could definitely be talked into parting with my copy for that price in a heartbeat. I don't think I love it that much. But then again, I might be all talk - this is literally the book that got me into the small press collecting. I got my copy from Amazon somehow even!

CD's auctions go for considerably more than market value. You probably wouldn't have trouble getting $700 for it though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Bottom up, top down, or just start somewhere in the middle! LOL LOL

I did overstate things a bit. The hips do not hurt. That is because I bought new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Bottom up, top down, or just start somewhere in the middle! LOL LOL

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I would start it but I wouldn't know where to start. At this point in life everything hurts!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Can we start a thread for us to discuss, at least the old timers, our daily ailments?

For instance- the weather here as drastically changed overnight- and my bad knee is singing the blues. That coupled with my thrown out back are making this a tough day.
    I would start it but I wouldn't know where to start. At this point in life everything hurts!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X