Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You are welcome. Just for the record I'm the good looking one!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Hey, I recognize those guys! Looks like you all had a great time, thanks for sharing some pics.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Man, that looks like it was fun!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I had a fantastic weekend punctuated by Saturdays reading and signing by Robert McCammon. Robert was awesome, read well, used voices, and created a fantastic atmosphere. It was a thrill meeting him and meeting some fellow collectors.

Hunter Goatley was there plus a slew of folks I've spoken to for years but have never met in person. It was a joy speaking to, talking with, and just geeking out with some fellow collectors.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thank you for the reply. It is appreciated.

I am starting to come around to not having my LP double signed. It did strike me as a little odd as well however it's tempting.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

For me, I vote “odd”…I wouldn’t get a book double-signed. I also wouldn’t get a signed/numbered inscribed to me, i.e. a form of double signing. To me, a signed/limited should stay stock, as it came from the publisher, as anything else changes its clean, original beauty and diminishes its perceived (by me) value. I’m not even a particular fan of remarques, though I can see their value to others. That said, you may not share my traditionalist views and it’s your book, so you should do whatever you want with it and makes you happy.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I don't follow him closely but I don't think he travels much these days.

On a side note/comment. Do you think it's odd to get a signed book double signed? I'm thinking of taking my LP of Gone South to the event along with an ARC of Gone South and a handful of general PBs* of his.

*I have a 1st 1st PBs of Stinger and The Nightboat to bring. Also bringing PBs of Swan Song and Boys Life.

For me, I vote “odd”…I wouldn’t get a book double-signed. I also wouldn’t get a signed/numbered inscribed to me, i.e. a form of double signing. To me, a signed/limited should stay stock, as it came from the publisher, as anything else changes its clean, original beauty and diminishes its perceived (by me) value. I’m not even a particular fan of remarques, though I can see their value to others. That said, you may not share my traditionalist views and it’s your book, so you should do whatever you want with it and makes you happy.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I don't follow him closely but I don't think he travels much these days.

On a side note/comment. Do you think it's odd to get a signed book double signed? I'm thinking of taking my LP of Gone South to the event along with an ARC of Gone South and a handful of general PBs* of his.

*I have a 1st 1st PBs of Stinger and The Nightboat to bring. Also bringing PBs of Swan Song and Boys Life.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I saw McCammon for the first and only time back in 1991 when he was on his BOY'S LIFE tour...I doubt he'll ever make his way over the West Coast and my state again, but I keep hoping. In the meantime, looking forward to your guys' photos and signing stories.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 10-25-2023, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I saw McCammon for the first and only time back in 1991 when he was on his BOY'S LIFE tour...I doubt he'll ever make his way over the West Coast and my state again, but I keep hoping. In the meantime, looking forward to your guys' photos and signing stories.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sweet! We will be competing on both those fronts. ;P

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I'll be there too! Say hi if you see me--I'll be the loudest one there. Also the most obnoxious.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I've missed several in AL and I'm only about four hours away. So this time I just cleared everything and made it a point to get up there.

Wish you luck catching him closer to you.

Photo's will be forthcoming.

I'll be there too! Say hi if you see me--I'll be the loudest one there. Also the most obnoxious.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I've missed several in AL and I'm only about four hours away. So this time I just cleared everything and made it a point to get up there.

Wish you luck catching him closer to you.

Photo's will be forthcoming.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Very jealous! He's never made it to my neck of the woods, Arizona. Maybe one day I can make it to the Alabama...

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Woohoo! Going to go to the McCammon reading and signing event this coming Saturday the 28th. I am really looking forward to it.
    Very jealous! He's never made it to my neck of the woods, Arizona. Maybe one day I can make it to the Alabama...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Woohoo! Going to go to the McCammon reading and signing event this coming Saturday the 28th. I am really looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Brian Keene wrote some nice things about him in his newsletter.
    I saw that. It was nice to read the kind words Keene wrote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X