X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I've missed several in AL and I'm only about four hours away. So this time I just cleared everything and made it a point to get up there.

Wish you luck catching him closer to you.

Photo's will be forthcoming.

I'll be there too! Say hi if you see me--I'll be the loudest one there. Also the most obnoxious.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I've missed several in AL and I'm only about four hours away. So this time I just cleared everything and made it a point to get up there.

Wish you luck catching him closer to you.

Photo's will be forthcoming.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Very jealous! He's never made it to my neck of the woods, Arizona. Maybe one day I can make it to the Alabama...

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Woohoo! Going to go to the McCammon reading and signing event this coming Saturday the 28th. I am really looking forward to it.
    Very jealous! He's never made it to my neck of the woods, Arizona. Maybe one day I can make it to the Alabama...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Woohoo! Going to go to the McCammon reading and signing event this coming Saturday the 28th. I am really looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Brian Keene wrote some nice things about him in his newsletter.
    I saw that. It was nice to read the kind words Keene wrote.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I know we don't really discuss comic books on this forum, but I am really bummed to hear that writer/artist Keith Giffen passed away yesterday. As far as comics go, he was easily in my top 5 favorite comic creators. Some people talk about Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller, and, yes, their works were favorites of mine, but Giffen was a perennial favorite. I just bought the rest of his run of Justice League from the late 80s that I was missing and I plan on doing a full readthrough.
    Brian Keene wrote some nice things about him in his newsletter.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I know we don't really discuss comic books on this forum, but I am really bummed to hear that writer/artist Keith Giffen passed away yesterday. As far as comics go, he was easily in my top 5 favorite comic creators. Some people talk about Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller, and, yes, their works were favorites of mine, but Giffen was a perennial favorite. I just bought the rest of his run of Justice League from the late 80s that I was missing and I plan on doing a full readthrough.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Awesome deal. Thank you for pointing it out. Hopefully it will still be on sale when I have enough to get free shipping.

Not sure how long it will last, but Amazon currently has New Hardcover copies of Ross Jeffery's "The Devil's Pocketbook" on sale at $7.53 from $35.00. This is a smoking deal! Ross is a fantastic horror author, and this book has gotten tons of buzz this year. Can't wait to finally give this a read, especially at that pricepoint!Â

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Thanks for the heads up on this!

I didn’t spring for the signed limited, but did pick up a hardcover trade edition.

I remember reading this when I was 13 or 14, after just having seen the original movie on cable.

B
    You're welcome! I ended up snagging a trade copy as well. I don't usually purchase novelizations, but since this movie is an all-time fav, I figured why not!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks for the heads up! It was 8.09 when I looked but that is still a bargain, ordered!
    Always glad to help someone spend their book money!

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Anyone else see that Printed in Blood is doing a limited edition of the official novelization of John Carpenter’s Halloween? Just saw it and wish I could swing it but it's a bit too pricey for me at the moment, which is a bummer as I love this movie (who doesn't?)!!!

Halloween:Illustrated HC - Halloween H45 Edition LIMITED (printedinblood.com)
    Thanks for the heads up on this!

I didn’t spring for the signed limited, but did pick up a hardcover trade edition.

I remember reading this when I was 13 or 14, after just having seen the original movie on cable.

B

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Not sure how long it will last, but Amazon currently has New Hardcover copies of Ross Jeffery's "The Devil's Pocketbook" on sale at $7.53 from $35.00. This is a smoking deal! Ross is a fantastic horror author, and this book has gotten tons of buzz this year. Can't wait to finally give this a read, especially at that pricepoint! 
    Thanks for the heads up! It was 8.09 when I looked but that is still a bargain, ordered!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    So many great books coming out this Fall!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Not sure how long it will last, but Amazon currently has New Hardcover copies of Ross Jeffery's "The Devil's Pocketbook" on sale at $7.53 from $35.00. This is a smoking deal! Ross is a fantastic horror author, and this book has gotten tons of buzz this year. Can't wait to finally give this a read, especially at that pricepoint! 

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just pre-ordered my copy of "Becoming the Boogeyman" from Amazon. CD/Rich's latest deal finally knocked me off of the fence (free exclusive BECOMING THE BOOGEYMAN slipcase featuring a built-in genuine burlap mask, if ordered between September 25-29).
    Last edited by sholloman81; 09-26-2023, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X