Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Twelve by Justin Cronin -- what are your questions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I swear I haven't re-read the entire 14 book series every time a new Wheel of Time book came out.....
    I read the first 7 and then stopped. I loved the books, but figured I would wait until it's done. I met Jordan 3 times too. He was a very sweet man.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      Lucky you!
      Upon release I read the first book. When the sequel was released, I read that one, plus the first again.
      Then I found out this would turn into a huge series, so I quit reading, just bought the books and put them unread on my shelves.
      Till about two years ago. I read the first four, five books...and gave up on this series.

      Now all they do is take up quite a bit of space...

      sk
      Well it's probably one of my favorite series of books, I've read it the whole way through probably about 6 times. I came to the game a bit late though, as I didn't start reading it till 9 of the books where already out. Since then I've read the series about once a year (when a new book would come out). But after the second time through it doesn't take nearly as long to read all of them, as you learn which parts to skim and what not.
      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

      Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

      Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I read the first 7 and then stopped. I loved the books, but figured I would wait until it's done. I met Jordan 3 times too. He was a very sweet man.
        That's awesome Brad. It's such a shame he didn't make it long enough to complete the series himself, although I have to say Sanderson has done a good job of it. I would have loved for CD to have been able to do limited of the series, but it's kinda hard to have a dead man sign sig sheets, that and I think I'm the only one here who's a fantasy nut. Oh well, only one book to go!
        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

        Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Lucky you!
          Upon release I read the first book. When the sequel was released, I read that one, plus the first again.
          Then I found out this would turn into a huge series, so I quit reading, just bought the books and put them unread on my shelves.
          Till about two years ago. I read the first four, five books...and gave up on this series.

          Now all they do is take up quite a bit of space...

          sk

          I could always take them off your hands...

          Like Dan, I came in around book 9 and just breezed throught them all in a 2 month period the first time reading. Then reread for book 10 and 11, since then I've been waiting for the final one to start all over again. Although I have been getting the comics and reading them.

          Comment


            #20
            I was lucky in that I was working ina book store when Eye of the World came out. As far as I know, only the trade pb was released in the stores. I found, on the microfiche (sp?), that there was a hardback and I ordered the hardback (first/first) of Eye and Great Hunt at the same time. So, I was lucky enough to get first/first of the entire series and have the first 7 volumes signed.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              That's awesome Brad. It's such a shame he didn't make it long enough to complete the series himself, although I have to say Sanderson has done a good job of it. I would have loved for CD to have been able to do limited of the series, but it's kinda hard to have a dead man sign sig sheets, that and I think I'm the only one here who's a fantasy nut. Oh well, only one book to go!
              Just do one without the signature. I'm sure quite a few people on here would be eager to pick up a copy.

              Comment


                #22
                Author Justin Cronin Answers Five Frequently Asked Questions About The Twelve:


                http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...ut-the-twelve/


                Brian
                Brian James Freeman
                brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                Comment


                  #23
                  Cool! Wish there was more though, I can't wait for this to come out. Especially the CD version! Going to have to match my number with The Passage.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Very teasing was that interview, i so want to read the next two installments, the first was such a great book!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Anyone read this book yet? I need someone to bounce my questions off of!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        No but I do have it. I still need to read the passage.Kind of waiting till the 3rd instalment comes out.Then read them together.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Well, I keep hearing good things about it; might have to give it a go one of these days.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X