Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy
    replied
    It also says that Koontz has written 91 books compared to King's 70, 325 million sold for Koontz and 300 million for King, so individual Koontz books sell less than King's but Koontz has more of them

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    it just surprised me that Koontz has sold more is all, my sister always said she couldn't read him either and she is the one who got me into King, wonder if it's a Elvis/Beatles situation where you like one or the other but can't like both equally?

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It doesn't mean he's better. I find Koontz easier to read, but less substantial than King. I can't get into Koontz.

But for a throwaway paperback that you can come home to after a hard day of work and that won't make you think too much, Koontz would naturally sell better than King. I had an uncle who loved Max Brand, Zane Gray, Louis Lamour westerns. He liked them because they didn't take any effort to read them. He wanted to relax, not think about what he was reading. I look at Koontz as the Max Brand of horror.
    Last edited by srboone; 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I don't think you're missing anything by not reading Koontz, but others will disagree. Nothing I've read of his has impressed me.
    And strangely enough, Wikipedia says that Koontz has sold more books than Stephen King

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I don't think you're missing anything by not reading Koontz, but others will disagree. Nothing I've read of his has impressed me.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    The plot thickens, literally
    I admit I am far behind on my Straub and I don't know if I should be ashamed or not but I have never read a single Koonz work, am I missing anything there?

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Lost Boy is technically the4th in a series. I believe after Koko, Mystery and The Throat. I have not read all of those yet, so I don't know if they "have" to be read in order.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    Pork Pie Hat was a good quick read. I really enjoyed If You Could See Me Now as well.
    I liked PPH too, I really loved the novella at the end of Shivers VI though, A Special Place: The Heart of a Dark Matter, that is very twisted

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Pork Pie Hat was a good quick read. I really enjoyed If You Could See Me Now as well.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I enjoyed The Woods are Dark but The Traveling Vampire Show is my favorite Laymon. Ghost Stroy is a great read but my favorite Straub is Lost Boy, Lost Girl.
    Sweet, I was wondering which Straub to go to next, I have Laymon's The Island, need to read that one before I order any more, but the next one I order will be The Traveling Vampire Show Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I enjoyed The Woods are Dark but The Traveling Vampire Show is my favorite Laymon. Ghost Stroy is a great read but my favorite Straub is Lost Boy, Lost Girl.
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    The Woods are Dark is really good, make sure to read the unedited edition

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read...... anything by Richard Laymon
    The Woods are Dark is really good, make sure to read the unedited edition

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read...... anything by Richard Laymon, and also Ghost Story. I read two of Straub's other books though.

Keep in mind, I was not much of a reader until the last couple years, where it has become a very big part of my life, aside from my wife and daughter, and hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    lol, I can feel the shame melting away the more I read, I am going to have to read more Straub after this, only read short stories before this, GS is my first full length novel of his

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    So that I may not live in shame any longer, I started Ghost Story yesterday, loving it so far
    Tommy, I commend you on losing this SHAMEFUL SHAME you have!!! Hope you enjoy the rest!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X