No announcement yet.

Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definitely be going on vacation now late in July I believe, just going a few hours north of where I am in MN though, and spending a week at a cabin on the lake with my fiancee and a bunch of her family from her mom's side. Went last year and had a great time so will surely be good again, and I will definitely have books and movies along to enjoy, especially in the event of rain.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

I hope you have fun!

Comment

Imagine: enjoying a great US vacation and here I am, in some Dallas motel trying to keep up with this forum's new posts.....

Hope to do this from time to time the next couple of weeks.

sk

Comment

I'm really hoping I can get away this summer, take another trip to Mackinaw City, maybe. Possibly go to the island. Kick back on the shores of the Great Lakes.
          "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Oklahoma City.....

sk

Comment

Nearing the end...

Roswell, New Mexico.
              I don't think the truth is out there...

sk

Comment

Oh, it's out there. They just won't let you find it, man.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I met a woman in Roswell back in 2002 who promised me the truth, but she was arrested just before the appointed meeting time...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    I met a woman in Roswell back in 2002 who promised me the truth, but she was arrested just before the appointed meeting time...
                    If she was the redhead that sits at the end of the bar, then "truth" was a euphemism, and you're probably better off.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Oh, you know her!!!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Frik! You're exactly 1.5 hours away from me! Did you check out the museum? I've only been once, a few years ago, but it's kind of a neat little piece of history no matter what you believe in. Also, there is nothing else to do in Roswell!

It's great reading about all these folks checking out my hometown of Bangor Maine! I actually grew up about 20 minutes outside of Bangor, but most of my family live in the Bangor /Brewer area. Yep, just drive down West Broadway St. and there's HIS house! lol. Check out the library too, it has a whole wing in the Steve and Tabby name! Downtown Bangor where they filmed The Hitchhiker from Creepshow 2, Camden-Thinner, and the Pet Sematery houses! Going for a visit in August for almost three weeks, been three years, cant wait!!! Maybe I'll see some of you!
                        Hope everyone has a great summer vacation whatever you do!!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Roswell, New Mexico.
                          I don't think the truth is out there...
                          It is out there, they just moved it out of that area
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
                            Frik! You're exactly 1.5 hours away from me! Did you check out the museum? I've only been once, a few years ago, but it's kind of a neat little piece of history no matter what you believe in. Also, there is nothing else to do in Roswell!
                            Yes! That's about the only thing we did in Roswell, visit the UFO museum.
                            I usually skip museums, but not this one. True, an anuaual piece of history - whatever one believes.
                            And, although I love the X-files, especially the alien story thread, I'm not a believer in visitors-from-outer-space.

Of course, before flying home next week, I'm going to see Cowboys and Aliens...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              How was your vacation?
                              We had an absolutely wonderful time - 8000 miles, 12 states, in 4.5 glorious weeks: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and back to Texas.

One of our best road-trips ever.

sk

Comment

Terrific!!! Other than the UFO Museum in Roswell, what other sights did you take in?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X