No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started William Shakespeare's Star Wars.

"In time so long ago begins our play,
    In star-crossed galaxy far, far away"
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I finished The Shining last night, so I thought I'd start Doctor Sleep.

Comment

Finished Pitfall. Fast-paced, gory, and a lot of fun. Kelly knows how to spin a cool yarn. Not sure what's next.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
          I finished The Shining last night, so I thought I'd start Doctor Sleep.
          I am doing that - reading The Shining, so I can then jump into Doctor Sleep.

By the time I am done both of those, my pre-order for Mr. Mercedes should be in, but not sure I will do that, that would be lots of King in a row for me. I have some really cool Kobo titles I want to get at, plus other non-King books.

There are soooo many other books I want to pick up, but my wife is always wondering why I keep adding books, when I have so many already (and many I haven't gotten too yet ). Simply put......I have more books, than I have time to read. Adding is happening quicker than reading. Then I factor in the books I have on pre-order from CD from either collector's clubs, or whatever other deals I've purchased......

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            ......I have more books, than I have time to read. Adding is happening quicker than reading.
            Isn't that always the case?! My wife asks the same questions.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              Isn't that always the case?! My wife asks the same questions.
              LOL - I was going to take some down to a used bookstore and trade them in for credit, after I had already done that with her a week earlier. I send her a text saying that, and she replies with "...holy addiction!"

Comment

Think I'm gonna stick with Ron Kelly for a bit. Got some more of The Kelly Essentials to get through. Hindsight will be next.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finished Pharoah by David Gibbins and on to The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones.

Comment

I have been reading Three Musketeers. It is a chore, wow! Not bad just dense.

Comment

Mondo Zombie. Found it at the library. It amazes me all the small press books now at the library. Lots of stuff that is out of print. Now I can read so.e of the books I have missed out on.

Comment

I've noticed that too, Tom, Great find!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

NOS4A2 - possibly the last person on this forum to do so. This is my first Joe Hill (besides the excellent 20th Century Ghosts SS collection), and it's a solid story with great character development - I find it accelerating as I approach the finale (3/4 through). If this kind of trajectory is followed through to the end, there's a good chance I'm going to end up calling this a great book instead of just 'merely' a very good one. No matter what I can't see Horns and Heart Shaped Box being too far behind in my TBR pile...
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                            NOS4A2 - possibly the last person on this forum to do so. This is my first Joe Hill (besides the excellent 20th Century Ghosts SS collection), and it's a solid story with great character development - I find it accelerating as I approach the finale (3/4 through). If this kind of trajectory is followed through to the end, there's a good chance I'm going to end up calling this a great book instead of just 'merely' a very good one. No matter what I can't see Horns and Heart Shaped Box being too far behind in my TBR pile...
                            if you are reading a hard copy don't forget to read the note on the type, after you finish the novel of course.

Comment

Joe Hill tells a great story, I have enjoyed every story I have read of his.

Comment

No. I have not read it yet. I still need to read Horns. I am so far behind in my reading. Well I blame the fact that my TBR pile is only a mile high. Every time I think to grab either book something else will entice me.

Comment

Working...
                                X