No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knocked out Luke Scull's The Grim Company. A few rough edges, but not a bad read. Zombies, Can't live with, just not fan. To each his own though.
    MDH

Comment

Forging ahead into Against All Things Ending:Book 3 of The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I am really loving this series. Book 2 was great!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Limbus Inc. So far so great. Love it.

Comment

I've been reading S. and have about 50ish pages to go. I've enjoyed it so far and I find it to be a pretty interesting concept. I have never read The House of Leaves, which someone mentioned elsewhere, so I can't give a comparison, but I have a feeling that they are very different types of novels. Within the spoiler tags is a brief rundown of how the book is structured.

Spoiler!

Comment

I decided to take a small break from Camp Stalag to read Disposal by Jeff Strand

Comment

Finished Against All Things Ending. The best Thomas Covenant book yet. The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is best of the of three series. Am starting the final TC book, The Last Dark. Will it be better than AATE? I hope so!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just started up Edward Lee's The Chosen.

Comment

Reading Sins of the Sirens. A collection of short stories by 4 women authors. Edited by John Everson. Great book so far.

Comment

I recently read "Dark Magic" and "Shadow People" by James Swain. Or rather, I was dissecting them, which was the only way I could get through them. I just didn't like them - cardboard characters, cliches galore, and a horribly simplistic "good versus evil" thing going on. And the ending of the second book was just a blatant set-up for a third, but I'm not touching it.

Comment

I'm reading "The Night Circus". I'm not sure how I feel about it so far... the writing is good, but the author intentionally doesn't explain things. I'm hoping it all comes together soon.

Comment

Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosely: I had seen the Denzel Washington movie a few months prior to picking this up (mostly because I'm a huge Don Cheadle fan), so I knew what I was getting into plot-wise. What I had forgotten about from a previous experience with Mosely's work is his ability to create characters and atmosphere. Though the plot was nothing to write home about, I thoroughly enjoyed the origin of Easy Rawlins as a PI. I will definitely be picking up further books in the series. Though not part of the Easy Rawlins series, I also recommend The Man in My Basement by Mosely.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          Just started up Edward Lee's The Chosen.
                          Good luck with that one. I never made it past page 123 (though I do plan on attempting it again. maybe in 2014.)
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Good luck with that one. I never made it past page 123 (though I do plan on attempting it again. maybe in 2014.)
                            Ha, yeah, thanks. The pre-op transexual scene near the beginning was pretty gross, but I soldiered forth. Though I do wonder what sick things this book has in store for me. I am beginning to get into the writing style, once I pick it up it is hard to put back down. If not this book, what is a good Ed Lee to start with?

Comment

I really like his Lovecraft books. The Innswich Horror was quite good. (Not the complete gross out horror i've always associated with him.)
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I would agree with The Innswich Horror and also recommend his Infernal series.

Comment

Working...
                                X