No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just about finished with Pines by Blake Crouch. I got it as my free monthly e-book, not sure if it is on any other format. With about 40 pages to go I am liking it more than I was midway through which is rare particularly for a new author. It is taking a very mild horror/mystery and creating a Twilight Zone type novel. with just a few pages it still has me wondering exactly what the last page will say.

Comment

I have have begun reading Double Feature from Owen King.

Comment

Originally posted by bstee View Post
        I am just about finished with Pines by Blake Crouch. I got it as my free monthly e-book, not sure if it is on any other format. With about 40 pages to go I am liking it more than I was midway through which is rare particularly for a new author. It is taking a very mild horror/mystery and creating a Twilight Zone type novel. with just a few pages it still has me wondering exactly what the last page will say.
        I assume you are part of some type of club......?

Comment

I finished the first book of the Thomas Covenant series the other day and am about half way through the second one. I'm enjoying it so far, though the main character is a bit of a complainer. I know a lot of crappy stuff has happened to him, I just kind wish he'd man up and accept his situation. I am enjoying it though, it's a very good story.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Just finished reading "Butterfly" by Simon Clark, started and finished before work today, pretty good. Was disapointed that it was such a short story, not that being longer would have made it better. I had been chasing after a copy for over a year. The art was prolific and cool, by Steve Gilbert.

Yesterday I finished "The Passage" by Justin Cronin, really enjoyed it, got to hunt up the second book now.

Before that I read "Zombies: Encounters with the Hungry Dead" really the best zombie anthology I have read to date, a lot of intelligently written stories. Although now I feel a need for a book full of violent zombie fighting, so probably the Morning Star Strain series. As a side note I just found out while typing this he passed away last year, how tragic
            Last edited by paperdragon; 02-28-2013, 08:05 PM.
            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Just finished John Dies At The End. It's ultimately an uneven read that loses the giggle factor towards the end, but makes up for it with lots of funny trash talk, some effective skin-crawling imagery, and a story that leaves you wondering what the merry hell just happened. In a good way.

Recommended, though you may want to preview the first couple of chapters first. John is very much a love-hate character!

Up next... The follow-up, This Book Is Full Of Spiders. Let the mirth resume!
              The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
              Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
              ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Fuse was a terrific second act in the Pure tilogy and much more satisfying than the first book. I wasn't certain if I wanted to continue to collect the CD editions, but I am now.

Gonna continue reading in Don Quixote for a while.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Don Quixote always reminds me of the song/album by Gordon Lightfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Fuse was a terrific second act in the Pure tilogy and much more satisfying than the first book. I wasn't certain if I wanted to continue to collect the CD editions, but I am now.
                    That's great to hear!

Comment

Just finished reading IDW's Tales of Terror. I made one of my infrequent visits to the comic book store and found this little gem. Glad I got it.

Now I'm reading CoffinCam by Philip Tucker. Not bad. Free on Smashwords.

Comment

Finished the first trilogy in the Thomas Covenant series. It was pretty good. I'm starting on the second trilogy now.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I'm leaving Don Quixote and his squire Sancho Panza for a while (they are in pretty sad shape right now; DQ is minus several teeth and Sancho has the runs), and am going to indulge in Emperor Mollusk VERSUS the Sinister Brain: A Novel by A. Lee Martinez.
                          Last edited by srboone; 03-06-2013, 02:49 AM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I just finished Salem's Lot - Sad to say it took me until 2013 to read it, but it was worth wait. Loved it!

Up next, is The Two Sams by Glen Hershberg. Shouldn't be a long read here at all, very much liking what I've read up until now.

Comment

Still reading Ghost Story and it is quite good, enjoying it a lot, the characters, story, setting and atmosphere are all top-notch, I did come across something of an error on page 208 of the paperback edition where it says "Helen came out with a tumbler too full of whiskey, one ice cube floating at the top like a dead goldfish" Ice floats in water but it would sink in strong alcohol like whiskey, this wouldn't bother me except I was a science major and it did kinda make me wince a little bit

Comment

Emperor Mollusk VERSUS the Sinister Brain was pretty good. It was one big shaggy dog joke, nowhere near the inspired lunacy of The Hitchhiker's Guide books, and quite unmemorable, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

The Northern Star: The Beginning by Mike Gullickson. My second Good Reads win.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X