No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was an avid King reader during my early years. I tried Cujo when I was 9 and couldn't get through it (too deep for me at that age). At 12 I read Pet Sematary and loved it. After that it was anything King and Koontz and others that I could get my hands on. The last book of the horror/supernatural genre I remember reading was the uncut version of The Stand when it was released then I went on a long break.

Now, some 20+ years later, the fire has been rekindled and I have been through the following in the past month:
    11/22/63
    The Dark Tower volumes 1-4 (almost done with 5)
    UR
    In the Tall Grass
    Guns
    I'm part way through We're All In This Together by Owen King

I've already got a large stack of volumes to read, many that I read years ago and others that I hope are just as good.
    It's been exciting (and expensive) rediscovering the books the I loved and reading others that I missed during my extended hiatus. My first limited edition was Drawing of the Three which I got for Christmas when I was 14. I loved how it was different than all the regular mass market editions I had read. I love a beautiful, well constructed book with illustrations and fine materials.

Comment

Finished KIN by Kealan Patrick Burke and WOW! what a awesome ride that was, can't wait to read everything he's written now, strongly recommend to anyone who hasn't read it yet, it's fun

Comment

Is Kin the sequel to Turtle Boy? That was a great read too!

Right now, I am still picking my way through Salem's Lot - love it!

Comment

No, Kin is it's own novel and a damn good one at that.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Just remember that Claire has only one eye, not two, so her pupils can't "return to their normal size" (page 64).

But it was one of the best books I read last year.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm a little over 3/4 of the way through the first Thomas Covenant book. I am really enjoying it so far, though Thomas Covenant seems like he could use a "little cheese with his wine" so far. Hopefully that changes in subsequent books, as I'm not sure I could go through the whole series like this.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Well, he goes through the whole series like that (at the same time, a lot of nasty shit happens to him as well). But i love gthe TC series.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                  I was an avid King reader during my early years. I tried Cujo when I was 9 and couldn't get through it (too deep for me at that age). At 12 I read Pet Sematary and loved it. After that it was anything King and Koontz and others that I could get my hands on. The last book of the horror/supernatural genre I remember reading was the uncut version of The Stand when it was released then I went on a long break.

Now, some 20+ years later, the fire has been rekindled and I have been through the following in the past month:
                  11/22/63
                  The Dark Tower volumes 1-4 (almost done with 5)
                  UR
                  In the Tall Grass
                  Guns
                  I'm part way through We're All In This Together by Owen King

I've already got a large stack of volumes to read, many that I read years ago and others that I hope are just as good.
                  It's been exciting (and expensive) rediscovering the books the I loved and reading others that I missed during my extended hiatus. My first limited edition was Drawing of the Three which I got for Christmas when I was 14. I loved how it was different than all the regular mass market editions I had read. I love a beautiful, well constructed book with illustrations and fine materials.
                  Nice read this from the last month! Still need to read UR and In the Tall Grass. Not so sure if I wanna read Guns or not yet. I will eventually check out Owen King

Definitely prefer Small Press Limited Editions over the mass market editions of books. I love collecting these books, but also love to read them, as opposed to just looking at them. The Exception being my signed Limited of King's IT that Cemetery Dance did last year. I do plan to read that book, but making sure I read the Gift Edition, as that one will not be worth as much and still has the high quality.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Comment

The Dead Parade by James Roy Daley

Comment

Almost done Cujo and thanks to Joe I can finish it with a decent copy...

Comment

Just finished "Kingdom of Fear" by Hunter S. Thompson; started "The Great Shark Hunt" by same today. Also "The Way of Shadows" by Brent Weeks.

Comment

Finished Cujo, although there were at least 3 errors in the last 40 pages of the Signet?(I think it was signet) Version that I was really...still better than the other one though.

Now reading Different Season and am almost done Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. Be watching the movie tomorrow when I am done most likely..

Comment

I'm going to start Randy Chandler's Daemon of the Darkwood. Received this in my GB.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Well, he goes through the whole series like that (at the same time, a lot of nasty shit happens to him as well). But i love gthe TC series.
                                Ditto. The next book is out this year I believe.

I've been reading my first Ramsey Campbell book - Creatures Of The Pool - and after hearing so much praise for him my initial impressions are decidely mixed. I'm a third of the way into the book and an overwhelming majority of it has been a history and geography lesson of Liverpool. I'm a big believer in setting but this is going overboard. At this point, very little has been revealed about any of the characters and beyond the story noting how damp everything is, very little of the story itself has yet to be revealed. I'm probably making a fool of myself at this point with my initial reaction given Campbell's reputation. Or maybe I just chose the wrong book to start with.

On the flip side, when I want a fun and quick read I find myself turning to Jim Butcher's - Dresden Files series. I'm reading Blood Rites. The book series came to my attention after the short lived TV series. Butcher writes the Dresden books in engagingly dry manner that harkens back to those old hard boiled detective noir style stories and has mixed it with wizardry, magic, and the supernatural. Harry Dresden is a very sympathetic character who carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and never seems to get a break. Harry has a great sense of humor which leavens up the grist mill of obstacles and tribulations Butcher puts his poor protagonist through.
                                Last edited by Lou Sytsma; 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X