No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the minority on this one but I think Insomnia is a great story, I love the Greek mythology elements. One criticism I do have for it though, it has an incredibly long set up before the story kicks in. I can see why people give up on it but in my opinion it is worth reading all the way through. Duma Key is a good story, not a top five for me but a strong story.
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    Insomnia is one where I have read the basis of it, and it sounds like a great story, but it's not a priority. Duma Key looks like a great read too, again though.... I don't own either.

My next King will probably be Salem's Lot, but not sure when I will get to it.

I am concentrating on reading new authors, and so far it's been great for me.

Comment

Just started Cold Vengeance by Preston/Child...# 11/12.....I am already feeling withdrawl symptoms!

Comment

Just bought the first book in the Thomas Covenant series. I haven't started reading it yet though, maybe tonight.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I am in the minority on this one but I think Insomnia is a great story, I love the Greek mythology elements. One criticism I do have for it though, it has an incredibly long set up before the story kicks in.
          Yeah. Like Bag of Bones...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Just bought the first book in the Thomas Covenant series. I haven't started reading it yet though, maybe tonight.
            Today you are a man.

Comment

Almost done with Richard Laymon's Endless Night.

Comment

World War Z. Late to the party, I know; but I had planned on reading it before the movie came out anyway, though CD certainly upped the time table for this one.

Not that I'm BLAMING CD at all...
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

DSC01253.jpgDSC01257.jpg

Finished this yesterday and it is an impressive and disturbing anthology put out by Necro Publications, I really recommend it but it is, as the title suggests, on the darker side mostly dealing with demons and demonic themes, I can't wait for the second part!

Comment

I'm reading this anthology now and it is a revaluation, I wish I had known about Lee Thomas sooner because he is simply amazing, his stories lull you into a false sense of security and then he hits you right between the eyes with unexpected horror, will read everything he has eventually

DSC01254.jpgDSC01258.jpg

Comment

Both of those look pretty damn awesome. I may poke around for Into The Darkness and see if I can land a copy for cheap.

Comment

Read the ARC for Tyler's Third Act, an upcoming Signature Series book. A dark tale with a nice unexpected twist. I highly recommend this story!

Comment

World War Z was a snoozer. Will go back to reading a few stories in TCBHF Vol1--I'm up to 1907!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm almost done 11/22/63 and would be if I hadn't fallen asleep last night. Thinking I might go with a short one this time around, Cujo. It's short and I havent seen the movie in a long time so I can read it then watch it. Was never a huge fan of the movie though but I barely remember it. I am aware the endings are different though which intrigues me.

Comment

As with most, I like the book Cujo better than the movie. The movie is pretty week in my view.
                              Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              I'm almost done 11/22/63 and would be if I hadn't fallen asleep last night. Thinking I might go with a short one this time around, Cujo. It's short and I havent seen the movie in a long time so I can read it then watch it. Was never a huge fan of the movie though but I barely remember it. I am aware the endings are different though which intrigues me.

Comment

Had a good weekend... finished Off Season - really liked that a lot. Kept me turning the pages. After that, I decided to keep to me rotation of e-book, paper book. I then read The Men Upstairs by Tim Waggoner - again, kept me "turning the pages" on my Kobo - very fast paced, and really was a very good read. Finished that last night, and now decided I will finally open and finish Salem's Lot. I did however read the intro pages on The Two Sams ebook. But, first we do Salem's Lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X