What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
    I'm about 1/2 way done with book 1. At first I thought it was very similiar to the TV show, but not anymore. The comic is quite different. I just read a scene last night that floored me, because I was not expecting what happened... Especially after watching the TV show for the past couple of years.
    I only watched about half of season 1, so it will all be new to me
    "now youes can't leave"
    A Bronx Tale
    directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

I actually have The Walking Dead board game - we got it for our daughter for Xmas - it is based on the comic/graphic novel - more than the TV show. Pretty neat actually. She is pretty into the show, but not so much the game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        I actually have The Walking Dead board game - we got it for our daughter for Xmas - it is based on the comic/graphic novel - more than the TV show. Pretty neat actually. She is pretty into the show, but not so much the game yet.
        That sounds cool.
        "now youes can't leave"
        A Bronx Tale

Comment

I haven't really watched the show much, but it's good in that you don't need to be super familiar with it to play.

Comment

I just passed the 1/2 way point of The Bourne Indentity (see my goodreads). I may keep going up until "Book II" ends - then hello Painted Darkness!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              If you choose the Simmons one, please let me know what you think. I have not read anything by him, but some of his stuff looks fantastic. Hyperion (sci-fi space stuff) aside, books like Song of Kali, The Terror, and a few others look so tempting, at least for me.
              Simmons's stuff is fantastic. I recommend Summer of Night as a starting point. I couldn't put that book down!

Comment

So The Walking Dead was frickin incredible. Compendium One is the first 8 books all in one. Not sure how many books there are but I will be look to continue the series.
                Now I've started a book I won on Goodreads called The Harvesting from Melanie Karsak. It's really good so far, fast paced, action packed, Zombie book. It's only 3.99 for the Kindle edition.
                "now youes can't leave"
                A Bronx Tale

Comment

One nice thing about my new(ish) job is that it has skyrocketed my ability to get through books, though I still only take books that are enjoyable but not too engrossing because of the potential for distractions. This means I'm working on all the Executioner books I recently bought from the library. If I pushed it, I could probably read four a week at work, but right now I'm averaging two. I'm also going to work on a lot of my horror books. I put them in the "not too engrossing" category because there are often so many similarities it's like reading the same book with different names and locations and I don't get pulled in enough to be annoyed by distractions.

For more "substantial" night-time reading, I'm currently on "The Wise Man's Fear", "The Illuminatus! Trilogy", the first "Malus Darkblade" book, and the Thieves' World series. Oh, and Zelazny's Amber series.

I keep thinking this may be the year I get through The Wheel of Time, and perhaps even the Terry Goodkind series. But then I think of all the other books I haven't read yet...

Comment

Carrion Comfort was outstanding! Thanks to Seip from coerrcing me into reading this one. Other Simmons books will follow I'm sure.

A Higher Call by Adam Makos is up next.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The Terror is a must read and it must be read in the dead of winter when the days are short and the nights are long. Super book.
                      Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Carrion Comfort was outstanding! Thanks to Seip from coerrcing me into reading this one. Other Simmons books will follow I'm sure.

A Higher Call by Adam Makos is up next.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        The Terror is a must read and it must be read in the dead of winter when the days are short and the nights are long. Super book.
                        Well, maybe next year, then.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Hmm, maybe I should read that here soon. Have never read anything by him but bought a HC copy of that at half price sometime last year since I heard very good things about him here.

Right now I am finishing up Bullettime, which I started last year but then got distracted by other books, lol.
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Yes, I have heard so many good reviews on this one. Painted Darkness is up after I finally finish off The Bourne Identity. It's taken me longer than I wanted, but time is precious!

Comment

So far this year, I've read Brian Keene's Occurrence at Crazy Bear Valley, Edward Lee's Header and am currently halfway through a really great horror anthology from Necro Publications called Into the Darkness Vol. 1, some really good stories there

Comment

Dan Simmons' Summer of Night is outstanding too. There was a sequel, I think it was called Winter Haunting, which was good, but not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X