Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Do it Teri!

Finished 11/22/63. Got a bit teary at the end. Ehh, I mean something flew into my eye, yeah, that's what it was.

Now, satisfying my King-craving, The Eyes of the Dragon.
    I started then had to leave and left my mag out on the coffee table and have so far been too lazy to pick it up...not even to make sure it's safe. lol. I don't even remember why I had to leave. lol.

Comment

Just finished Queen of Bedlam. I'm loving these Matthew Corbett novels. Anyone else read this series?

Comment

I finished In the Tall Grass, I really enjoyed it. Quite Twisted.

Comment

Not yet but I have 2 of the books and hope to get to at least 1 by the end of the year.

Reading Funland.What a great book.I sure miss this guy.
          Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
          Just finished Queen of Bedlam. I'm loving these Matthew Corbett novels. Anyone else read this series?

Comment

Went to the library today and got the Joe Abercrombie trilogy, which is excellent. I'm going to reread the first book and hopefully get through the rest. I took "The Pale King" back to the library. I love DFW, but some of his stuff takes an awfully long time to get through, so I'd rather buy it and just read it when the mood hits.

Comment

Finished reading The Conqueror Worms a few days.

Got Maelstrom set 3 in the mail today and already read Sundancing by Brian Keene, and am now going to start reading the sequel to Conqueror Worms, Earthworm Gods II: Deluge. Conqueror Worms will be getting reprinted by Deadite Press with the new name Earthworm Gods, which I think is the name Keene wanted in the first place.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I have to say I'm having a tough time with Laymon's "Beware". For many books I write out a running synopsis as I read them (basically read a few chapters then summarize). But this can really make certain things stick out, such as cliches and just plain goofy/bad/uninteresting ideas. I'm only about a third of the way through and I've found myself thinking, "Oh, come on now."

It's hard to be scared by a book for me. I'm reading "Ghost Story" and remembered when the film came out; I only caught parts of it but I remember having the opinion that it was really creepy and scary. Of course, I was 12 at the time. That's probably a big part. I'm no longer twelve, and all these cliches that get thrown around in "horror" these days just don't do much for me (a group of friends stuck somewhere battling monsters! a creepy family living in the woods torturing/killing/eating people! a group of people in the woods worshipping evil and then having sex! zombies!).

Comment

For me it is not about the scare as much as if I ca get lost in the story.Lymon is great for that.Even if the story is predictable.I think his writing is sometimes so simple it is complex.He is to me one of the best story tellers.I would have loved to have sat around a campfire with him and listen to him tell stories.

Comment

Yeah, he does have an easy approach to story-telling. But for me it just doesn't always work, as much as I'd like it to. I guess I just have to be in a very particular mood for it. Usually only around Halloween now. :-)

Also now reading Poppy Z. Brite's "The Lazarus Heart." Quite good.

Comment

Finished Funland on to Ground Zero.Love repairman Jack.

Comment

Finished Brite's "The Lazarus Heart" - a take on the Crow mythos, so nothing really new there, but still decent; now on her "Lost Souls" which is much more interesting.

Comment

Finished Eyes... some time ago, but haven't picked up anything new to read yet, still can't make up my mind.

Comment

Now on Lumley's "Necroscope" too.

Comment

"Digital Knight" by Ryk E. Spoor. Excellent.

edit: Well, the first half was excellent. The second half, not so much. The book is written not as one long story but different "adventures" that make up a whole. Unfortunately, in the second half I think he just tried throwing way too much in, and it came off as too repetitive and "here we go again." I think if he had done a few smaller books it would have worked much better.
                              Last edited by Xiabei; 09-15-2012, 02:29 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                                Definitely!!
                                It's a great series! So far, four books (out of ten!!) have been published. I haven't been disappointed in a single one yet. I'm about to start # 4: The Providence Rider!

McCammon also has another vampire novel on the way!!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X