No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's next on my list. If I ever get through IT (not IT's fault)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      I'm procrastinating no longer - a couple of hours ago I took the plunge:

sk
      Very nice Siep! Hope you enjoy it. I need to take the plunge as well. Currently reading Railsea by China Mieville.

Comment

How you likin, Railsea, Pete?

Finished Weaveworld about a week ago and loved it! Just haven't had time to start anything else, yet.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Glad to here you got though it.I just could not.

Started The Strain trilogy last night.The 3rd book came when I was away.It really does grab hold and keep you.Really like the first book so far.Plan to read the whole series through.

Comment

Just finished Nocturnal by Scott Sigler. Thought this was good. A fast read.

Now onto Rook by Daniel O'Malley.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              How you likin, Railsea, Pete?

Finished Weaveworld about a week ago and loved it! Just haven't had time to start anything else, yet.
              Liking it a lot Squire! I'm about 130 or so pages in. It has a great nostalgic feel to it, reminds me of adventure books that I read when I was young! Can't wait to see how the story unravels. It took me a few pages to get used to Mieville's style, but after that I've had no problems.

Comment

Started "Sparrow Rock" by Nate Kenyon. He's a good writer, but it's kind of a been-there-done-that idea: a group of high school kids go into a bomb shelter to smoke pot, and while they're in there, what do you know, there's some kind of attack and they're trapped. I haven't gotten that far yet; right now they're just down there enjoying themselves.

Comment

Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Good read, Brad! I've read it 6-7 times over the last 30 years.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I thought Sparrow Rock was a good summer read.Very enjoyable if somewhat predictable but it does have it's moments.
                      Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                      Started "Sparrow Rock" by Nate Kenyon. He's a good writer, but it's kind of a been-there-done-that idea: a group of high school kids go into a bomb shelter to smoke pot, and while they're in there, what do you know, there's some kind of attack and they're trapped. I haven't gotten that far yet; right now they're just down there enjoying themselves.

Comment

Just finished "Sparrow Rock". Well, I'm calling it finished even though I didn't read every single word. It just didn't do much for me. I ended up skimming a lot just to keep track of the story. Eh. Rats and insects don't interest me; zombies don't either, no matter how they were created. And I'm really not interested when there are sappy flashbacks concerning things like rotten childhoods. Yawn. :-)

Comment

118143025.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10267[/ATTACH]
                            Please post back with your opinion on this one. I've debated picking this one up but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

350 pages into The Strain and love it.I really like the way this one builds up to things.

Comment

Just finished Railsea. Fantastic read, highly recommend it!

Now reading Snow Shadows by Mick Garris.

Comment

Working...
                                X