Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoroughly enjoyed The Crane House!

Comment

Id never give up on a classic like it. Didnt work for a few days so I didnt get any reading done and today I was training a newbie. Tomorrow tho I wikl be working alone for moat of my shift so hooefully ill get throigh thr section. Sorry for typos this phone is stupid.

Comment

Just started Still Life with Crows (Preston/Child #4)

Comment

Having a really rough time with Rose Madder. I can't read more than a few pages at a time without needing to do something else. I'm only a quarter of the way through and I'm already thing about what I want to read after it (I'm not going with "instead"...yet.)
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Having a really rough time with Rose Madder. I can't read more than a few pages at a time without needing to do something else. I'm only a quarter of the way through and I'm already thing about what I want to read after it (I'm not going with "instead"...yet.)
            That ones low on my list. I don't even know why though. I havent really heard anything about it, til now anyway.

Comment

Ever since it was published, I'd heard from my friends that it was one of their least favorite SKs. I just kept passing it up for others. I'll get through it, eventually.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I really liked Rose Madder, especially the opening.
                Strong stuff.

sk

Comment

The prologue was terrific! It's rest that isn't grabbing me. The intoduction of the picture is cool--as metaphor for her growing experience with the world. It's what's keeping me going. I want to see where that is going.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Getting ready to start Shadow Show.
                    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

June was a good month for some GREAT reading.

HORROR SHORTS/Guy N Smith - a nice collection of 12 stories. I originally bought this in 2005 (forgot I had it ) for the CRAB story, but the two Loch Ness and the attacking ants stories totally won me over.

HYENAS/Joe R Lansdale - it's been far too long since my last Hap & Leonard adventure.

I'm half-way through FAINT OF HEART/Jeff Strand and feeling a strong Richard Laymon vibe . . . and they haven't even pitched the tent yet. (and I mean that in a good way )

Keep Smiling, Jan
                      Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

sk

Comment

Do you have an ARC or is it out yet.I have not heard anything from Gauntlet yet.Or is it the trade edition?
                          Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                          Getting ready to start Shadow Show.

Comment

Finished Edge of Dark Water last night before bed and it was awesome.Very highly recomended.While enjoying my day at the jazz fest today I kept thinking about it.In my mind the best book I have read since Kin.This is one of the best of the year.

Comment

Good recommendation, comparing it to Kin!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yea it is a great book.EoDW though is more Huck Finn but very graphic in spots.You should read it.Lansdale to me is one of those writers that along with Kelly,Garton,Lee and Burke to name a few who should be selling more books then he does.It upsets me to see so many writers who write well not getting their due.

Comment

Working...
                                X