No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Cows". All I can say, Tom, is that I'm glad you're over there, and not here in America! BTW, wasn't Mad Cow Disease invented in England? Enjoyed your story.

The Woman is next. Of course, I'll have the ARC done by the time I get the book...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks squire, if you enjoyed it that's job done for me, very happy!

Pretty sure that mad cow disease is found all over the world but we did have a big problem with it 10 years or so ago!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Finished Cows". All I can say, Tom, is that I'm glad you're over there, and not here in America! BTW, wasn't Mad Cow Disease invented in England? Enjoyed your story.

The Woman is next. Of course, I'll have the ARC done by the time I get the book...
        Did your copy ship yet? If not let me know and I'll check on it, as we're through all but the non-us customers who are still paying postage.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Oh, it's shipped, Dan, but it won't be here til Monday. Damn Holidays....
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh, it's shipped, Dan, but it won't be here til Monday. Damn Holidays....
            Ahhh....
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Mad Cow Disease first cropped up in '86--in the UK; it hit North America in '93, in Canada, believed to have originiated in the UK. Then it hit the US from a cow that originated in Canada. So it could have been cooked up in bone meal lab in the UK!

I'm Just sayin...maybe Count Dragos and the estate agency lady started it!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finished Starkweather Dreams by Christopher Conlon. A poetic journey through Charles Starkweather's killing spree (and girlfriend, Caril) - awesome read and recommended.

Anyone here a Chris Conlan admirer?

Determined to read more of Ramsey Campbell this year and have started The Doll Who Ate His Mother.
                Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

I'm currently about halfway through Bigfoot Hunters by Rick Gualtieri. I picked this up for free on the kindle. While I am usually pretty wary of the free horror titles from authors I don't know, I have to say that I am really enjoying this so far. While it won't change the face of horror or anything I think it is a pretty solid effort. Unless the ending is a total let down I will be recommending this one.
                  Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Just finished Seven Stories which I would talk about if I could find the darn thread! And I'm reading Now Write! because Meg Gardiner contributed a piece to this and I wanted to support her.
                    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Mad Cow Disease first cropped up in '86--in the UK; it hit North America in '93, in Canada, believed to have originiated in the UK. Then it hit the US from a cow that originated in Canada. So it could have been cooked up in bone meal lab in the UK!

I'm Just sayin...maybe Count Dragos and the estate agency lady started it!
                      Interesting, you learn something new everyday this is the gentleman that Dragos was loosly based on ...Dragos He came from the Transylvanian region!

Oh and i am 90% finished on another short story

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                        Interesting, you learn something new everyday this is the gentleman that Dragos was loosly based on ...Dragos He came from the Transylvanian region!

Oh and i am 90% finished on another short story
                        Way to go Tom !!!!!! Follow that dream

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          I forgot to mention my current read. Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box".
                          I read that one...I loved it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Currently enjoying Four Legs in the Morning by Norm Prentiss. This has three stories, I have completed the first two and I am currently about halfway through the third. Very enjoyable read so far.
                            I ordered this book a few days ago...still awaiting the mailman with it..hehe..can't wait to read it!

Comment

Finished The Woman and bonus novella Cow. Holy crap!!! I'd seen the movie but was not prepared for this. I've only read a few Ketchums and I know that he goes whole hog with the endings of his works, but Ketchum always manages to twist the knife one last time at the end of his books.

This afternoon, The Wind Through the Keyhole!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Jelous!

Comment

Working...
                                X