Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squire and Terry: :lol:

Comment

Some things are just worth re-reading. I'm a habitual re-reader. On a fairly regular basis I re-read all my Terry Brooks stuff, The Wheel of Time series, Harry Potter, and The Lord of the Rings, and now that I've read The Dark Tower I'm sure that will be added to my re-reading rotation.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I haven't reread anything hardly, but think I will start doing that with some titles soon. My problem with doing that is I have such a large amount of books I still haven't read, so reading things I have read before puts new ones further back. I can easily think of at least 2 titles I plan to read again and possibly pretty soon, and those would be The Painted Darkness and Invisible Fences, two of my favorite reads from this year. Will also probably read all the Timmy Quinn books when I get the final one.

Speaking of the Timmy Quinn books, finally back to reading Vessels. Ended up way too busy to do any real reading for a little while. After that I think I will have to finish Little's The Policy
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Speaking of re-reads, I am now currently re-reading Kurt Vonnegut's SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE.

Comment

Have just picked up the final book in The Straintrilogy so have decided to re read the first 2 back to back. Damn good read.

Comment

Just finished one of the sickest books I think I have ever read but could not put down.Going monstering by edward lee.This guy is incredibly sick.Just when you think
              he can't get any sicker he does.The worst part is I kept reading and I was laughing at times.If you like dark twisted and humor together you will love this book.It also
              plays into his recent lovecraft phase really well.Seeing as it is just about christmas I think I will read The cricket and the hearth to get into the spirit of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Just finished one of the sickest books I think I have ever read but could not put down.Going monstering by edward lee.This guy is incredibly sick.Just when you think
                he can't get any sicker he does.The worst part is I kept reading and I was laughing at times.If you like dark twisted and humor together you will love this book.It also
                plays into his recent lovecraft phase really well.Seeing as it is just about christmas I think I will read The cricket and the hearth to get into the spirit of the season.
                I was going to read I think it's called The Bighead? by Lee a long time ago but of course, never did and now I don't know where it is. But your description of the guy sounds a lot like Joe Lansdale. I really liked his By Bizarre Hands.

I'm still trying to get through The Fountainhead (thanks Terry
                But I'm also reading a lot of non-fiction stuff like Midnight Rising, Fatal, a book about the female serial killer Jane Toppan (an extremely disturbing read) yet another book about Stalin, and The End, which is about the end of the Third Reich and how they just kept fighting and fighting and would not surrender. The latter is one of the better non-fiction books I've read in years.

Comment

Finished up Vessels a couple days ago so I'm now concentrating on Bentley Little's The Policy, which I am close to the halfway point now.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I read the last book in The Strain trilogy yesterday, and also read The Hunter from the Woods on Saturday.

They were both good, although the vampire book got a little wifty for me at the end. The Hunter from the Woods was a good one, although I'd read parts of it before. I'm really looking forward to They Thirst, whenever Sub Press gets around to it.

Comment

"Wifty": Ditzy. Origin unknown, first klnown usage, 1979. Interesting description. I learned a new word today.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Read the cricket on the hearth and enjoyed it so much that I read the haunted man anothe one of Dickens christmas books.Now I am catching up on that stack of comics and magazines.I will wait till January 1 to start my next book.I think I will let you guys pick my next book.Should it be Swan Song or Weaveworld.2really good books.At least that is what I here.I have never read them.Please help

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Read the cricket on the hearth and enjoyed it so much that I read the haunted man anothe one of Dickens christmas books.Now I am catching up on that stack of comics and magazines.I will wait till January 1 to start my next book.I think I will let you guys pick my next book.Should it be Swan Song or Weaveworld.2really good books.At least that is what I here.I have never read them.Please help
                          Since when is Cricket on the Hearth something other than an animated musical?? I am so confused.

Reading wise, finishing up the last 100 pages or so of Robert McCammon's The Five and loving every minute of it, sap and all! Love the characters and love the rock and roll culture infused with a nice hazy "something more then we can see" spirituality ... just really digging it.

Comment

Cricket on the hearth was one of 5 christmas stories written by dickens.He tried to do an anual story for the holiday during the 1840'scriclet was written in 1845.
                            The 5 stories released between 1843 and 1848 are in this order,christmas carol,the chimes,the cricket on the hearth,the battle of life,and the haunted man.
                            Don't feel bad Ron not a lot of people know dickens wrote more then one christmas story.I only know because I spent my youth in my room reading everything I
                            could get my hands on and avoiding the out doors.As I said somewhere before I have Ray Bradbury to thank for that.THANK YOU RAY!!!!

Comment

If you liked The Five, give Harlan Ellison's Spider Kiss a shot - http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Kiss-Ha.../dp/1595820582

Comment

A Clash of Kings. There's a lot of kings, so far, not a whole lot clashing yet.
                                http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                                http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                                http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X