No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read The Night Eternal finishing off the Strain Trilogy. Found the story to be good and the ending fit well. Next up will be 11/22/63 starting tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

A re-read.
      Time to catch up on my McCammons. I'm sure I won't be bored!

sk
      I'm not bored whatsoever, but I'm only up to page 300. This is a slow read mainly because of my schoolwork - a huge pile of papers to mark, lessons to prepared..
      Even during the weekend school's taking up too much time.
      End of sob-story.

I love the book. It's much better even than I remember: one of McCammon's best!

Comment

Just finished McCammon's The Five, which I thought was a fantastic read. I run a couple of little record labels in my spare time (possibly mentioned that before) so anything around music works for me. Really good, and has made me want to read more of his.

Now reading Currency of Souls by Mr Burke!
        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenelk View Post
          Just finished McCammon's The Five, which I thought was a fantastic read. I run a couple of little record labels in my spare time (possibly mentioned that before) so anything around music works for me. Really good, and has made me want to read more of his.
          I've only heard positive things about The Five, which I haven't read myself yet, btw.
          If this is the only McCammon book you've read, you're in for a treat: they're all worth reading!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            I've only heard positive things about The Five, which I haven't read myself yet, btw.
            If this is the only McCammon book you've read, you're in for a treat: they're all worth reading!

sk
            It is.... which suggests I've got some book buying to do!!
            http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Whilst I enjoyed The Five I think I preferred the Matthew Corbet stories more, particularly The Queen of Bedlam. It may purely be because I was in the mood to get sucked into a great big long story! I am now on the look out for the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) book of the series.
              I am currently reading He is Legendand realise now how little of Matheson's work I have read. Many of the stories in this anthology have made me want to get hold of some of his collected short works. My Amazon wish list continues to grow!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                Whilst I enjoyed The Five I think I preferred the Matthew Corbet stories more, particularly The Queen of Bedlam. It may purely be because I was in the mood to get sucked into a great big long story! I am now on the look out for the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) book of the series.
                The 4th, coming our way next year!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                  I am currently reading He is Legendand realise now how little of Matheson's work I have read. Many of the stories in this anthology have made me want to get hold of some of his collected short works. My Amazon wish list continues to grow!
                  What I don't understand is why there are still signed editions of The Five available here at CD for under 30 bucks??? I thought they'd be long sold out.
                  And as for He Is Legend...do you have the limited? I was once again lucky enough to get one since Barry at Gauntlet said he'd keep his last copy for me. Kinda shocked he did that but that's what he said so it'll be the only book I have signed by King's son as well as King himself.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                    And as for He Is Legend...do you have the limited?
                    No. I picked up a trade HB. (Definitely more of a reader rather than a collector. Heck I have even been known to buy paperbacks.)

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                      And as for He Is Legend...do you have the limited? I was once again lucky enough to get one since Barry at Gauntlet said he'd keep his last copy for me.
                      I didn't even know there was a limited.

sk

Comment

Just finished Wizard and Glass, now onto Wolves of the Calla
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Go Dan, go!

Not many people like Wolves as much as the rest of the series, but for several reasons (which I won't mention as I don't want to spoil anything for you) I like it a lot!

Comment

Some of us liked Wolves better than W&G!

(Cue Siep!)
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finished The Radleys by Matt Haig, The First Days by Rhiannon Frater, and Folks 2 by Ray Garton. Now reading Kin and loving it so far.
                              Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Love Ray Garton discovered him through CD book club number 2.Reading Undead and enjoying it.Also reading dark delicacies 2 fear and catching up
                                on my amazing spiderman comics as well as a few other comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X