No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Let's go play at the Adams'. Wow what a read. Also reading Dark actors the bay by Ahlborn and No sleep till wonderland by Tremblay. Looking forward to more of the narcoleptic detective.

Comment

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
      Just finished Let's go play at the Adams'. Wow what a read. Also reading Dark actors the bay by Ahlborn and No sleep till wonderland by Tremblay. Looking forward to more of the narcoleptic detective.
      I was very excited to hear Centipede is going to be doing a limited of Let’s Go Play At The Adams’.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I found it more philosophical than action packed for sure. I liked it a little more than you did Ron. Different tack, have you read Estleman's hit man series Macklin?
        I’ve read one (it’s a series, yes?), but didn’t follow up with more. I’m a huge fan of Block’s Keller books and Max Allan Collins’ Quarry books — I’ve read all of the titles in each of those two series — but something about Estleman’s softer-boiled volume just didn’t click with me. I should probably give it another shot…the hitman niche of crime fiction is a favorite of mine.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I’ve read one (it’s a series, yes?), but didn’t follow up with more. I’m a huge fan of Block’s Keller books and Max Allan Collins’ Quarry books — I’ve read all of the titles in each of those two series — but something about Estleman’s softer-boiled volume just didn’t click with me. I should probably give it another shot…the hitman niche of crime fiction is a favorite of mine.
          I knew you did, that's why I mentioned the Macklin Series. I just discovered it, thought I've been an Estleman fan for years. Kill Zone was published in 1984, the last one, Black and White Ball was published in 2018. I just finished the first one. A little flawed, but I liked it enough to commit to the other five books in the series. Haven't tackled Collins yet, bit I loved the Road to Perdition. My favorite hit man, far and away, so far, is Thomas Perry's the Butcher's Boy. I also enjoyed his Novel, The Old Man.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I knew you did, that's why I mentioned the Macklin Series. I just discovered it, thought I've been an Estleman fan for years. Kill Zone was published in 1984, the last one, Black and White Ball was published in 2018. I just finished the first one. A little flawed, but I liked it enough to commit to the other five books in the series. Haven't tackled Collins yet, bit I loved the Road to Perdition. My favorite hit man, far and away, so far, is Thomas Perry's the Butcher's Boy. I also enjoyed his Novel, The Old Man.
            I really need to give Perry’s work a shot, I don’t believe I’ve read anything he’s written, and I’ve had BUTCHER’S BOY recommended to me a number of times…thanks for the reminder on that one. I wish I could remember which Macklin it was…KILL ZONE sounds familiar, but am not at all sure that was the one.

Comment

I finished reading Grim Death and Bill the Electrocuted Criminal by Mike Mignola and Thomas E Sniegoski and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson (I read the Penguin Classic edition which also has the story The Bottle Imp and What Does Edward Hyde Look Like--I guess this is an essay?). I enjoyed both stories. I'm still reading The Skull Ring by Scott Nicholson. I've been busy with various things.

Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

For Christmas this year I am finally reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. As the snow and the terror slowly blanket the town, the tale unwinds and comes together. From Christmas Eve the residents are besieged and falling prey. This is truly one of the great doom laden horror novels. An author signed Suntup edition would make a nice present next Christmas. Merry Christmas all!

Comment

The limited from Hill House Publishers of GHOST STORY is a nice production.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                    Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Eric Vornoff View Post
                      For Christmas this year I am finally reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. As the snow and the terror slowly blanket the town, the tale unwinds and comes together. From Christmas Eve the residents are besieged and falling prey. This is truly one of the great doom laden horror novels. An author signed Suntup edition would make a nice present next Christmas. Merry Christmas all!
                      I love GHOST STORY. As for a new limited edition, Centipede has one in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                        Indeed it is:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...986648064?s=21

Comment

I'm reading the new Neal Asher Jack Four. Really enjoying it.

Comment

Finished BOYS IN THE VALLEY by Philip Fracassi. Great read, believe the hype.

Comment

Dang it…I’ve been kicking myself for passing on this one. I can’t find a copy online either.

Comment

Completely agree, fantastic story.

Comment

Working...
                                X