What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    No love for 11/22/63? I loved Duma Key but I thought 11/22/63 was as good or better.
    I forgot that it was released after Duma Key but agree, in terms of release dates, it probably should hold the title.

Comment

No love for 11/22/63? I loved Duma Key but I thought 11/22/63 was as good or better.
      11/22/63 is one of my top King reads!

Comment

I rate 11/22/63 highly. Better than Duma Key

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I forgot how effective these probiotics for women really are and that it was released after Duma Key but agree, in terms of release dates, it probably should hold the title.
          I'm currently reading Ubik by Philip K. Dick. It's a classic, but I've somehow not been exposed to it yet. Love it so far. I'm about halfway in.
          Last edited by Bransen; 08-23-2023, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Reading GRR Martin's Fire and Blood. It reads more like a historical narrative than a novel. I'm still pissed that he's jacking around with the series but this is a pretty good read.

Comment

He'll never finish the series. I think that, knowing HBO is going to show the ending, he's lost interest in that narrative. We'll probably see the next novel, and then he'll fiddle around with things like FIRE & BLOOD for the rest of his career.
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just finished Fire & Blood. Loved it. Martin posted on his blog a couple of days ago that he's working on Winds of Winter again.

Comment

Just finished Matt Haig’s THE RADLEYS. Pretty good, though certainly not my favorite by him (or even in the top three).
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just finished SOMEONE LIKE ME by M. R. Carey. Really enjoyed this one even though this story line has been used in other genre novels. I still thought it worked very well.
                    Just started THE THREE SECRET CITIES by Matthew Reilly.

Jim

Comment

I finished reading Target Rabaul: The Allied Siege of Japan's Most Infamous Stronghold, March 1943-August 1945 by Bruce Gamble. Target Rabaul was the last book in the Rabaul non-fiction trilogy. As usual with these WWII books I learned a few new facts. I got a good start reading The Divine Eccentric: Lola Montez And The Newspapers by Doris Foley. I am also reading and am enjoying Rain Dogs by Gary McMahon from Humdrumming Press. After my recent trades w. Martin, Rain Dogs is the only Humdrumming Press title I own. The trade I mention and my purchase of Creeping Stick by Liam Ronan (On the last day you could make a purchase from Pendragon Press ((12-31)) kept drawing my eyes back to the Gary McMahon novel. Strangely enough, after the Pendragon Press purchase I learned there are two books titled Rough Cut. One by Gary McMahon and one by Brain Pinkerton.
                      Last edited by c marvel; 01-04-2019, 08:22 AM.
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Just finished Sea of Rust, weirdly undecided about this one. Finishing up the Ben H. Winters Last Policeman series, World of Trouble, which I can Whole whole-heartedly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Just finished Sea of Rust, weirdly undecided about this one.
                          This is one of the books I’m leaving out of storage when I move. Without spoiling anything, what left you undecided?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            This is one of the books I’m leaving out of storage when I move. Without spoiling anything, what left you undecided?
                            I am curious, too, as this is one book I’ve been pondering now for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I am curious, too, as this is one book I’ve been pondering now for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger.
                              Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I’ll start with what I liked. For a book that’s about robots, it’s an oddly spiritual, soul searching book. Many of the characters are asking the big questions, why are we here, did we do the right thing getting rid of people, lots of angst, remorse, conflicted feelings.
                              On the iffy side, the world building was a little slight. I mean basically, we’re looking at the Terminator and the machines won right? The story is unfocused and rushed. In the end, I think there was a lot of unrealized potential. Lots of good pieces, that don’t come together.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                a lot of unrealized potential. Lots of good pieces, that don’t come together.
                                So basically my biography?

I have the trade and the SL from SubPress - the concept was that intriguing. I'll have to try and remember to give my thoughts once I get to finally reading this one.

Thanks for the mini-review and insight!

Comment

Working...
                                X