No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This particular book is volume 1 of 5 put out by Night Shade Books. Volume 2 is set for September. A total of 92 stories (23 in vol 1) and 1 serialized novel. Apparently Quinn was the most popular author in Weird Tales, having a story in 62 of WT's 96 issues.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm reading The Bird Box. What a great book. Finding it hard to put down.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Everyone I know who has read it has said the same thing. I'm waiting for the Dark Regions edition to read it. Might be a while. But I have so many other books to explore.

Comment

I remember hearing about that one a while back. I might need to look into it.

Comment

I too want to get my hands on this. One of my local used book shops had this last summer, and I did the ol' "I'll grab it next time"....it was gone for the next time. I have so many to keep my busy though, so no rush I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              I too want to get my hands on this. One of my local used book shops had this last summer, and I did the ol' "I'll grab it next time"....it was gone for the next time. I have so many to keep my busy though, so no rush I guess.
              Same here. It's an uphill battle! haha

Comment

Almost complete Mucho Mojo by Joe R. Lansdale, so far this is my favourite of his works yet! I liked Savage Season (the finale especially) and Cold in July, but this books is a step up. It has the immediacy of the previous two books, and the male bonding of Savage Season (Hap & Leonard are a great pair), hell even the themes are similar, but just about everything is honed. Plus the added element of suspense and mystery really elevates Mucho Mojo. I was planning on stopping the series after this one, but I may need to dip back in for more Hap & Leonard soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  Almost complete Mucho Mojo by Joe R. Lansdale, so far this is my favourite of his works yet! I liked Savage Season (the finale especially) and Cold in July, but this books is a step up. It has the immediacy of the previous two books, and the male bonding of Savage Season (Hap & Leonard are a great pair), hell even the themes are similar, but just about everything is honed. Plus the added element of suspense and mystery really elevates Mucho Mojo. I was planning on stopping the series after this one, but I may need to dip back in for more Hap & Leonard soon!
                  That is interesting as I found Savage Season a better TV show than Mucho Mojo. I have not read the source material but will at some point.

Comment

Finished what is now one of my favourite sci-fi reads - Greg Bear's The Forge of God. Now, Darwinia by Robert Charles Wilson

Comment

Just finishing Daniel Woodrell's Winter's Bone. What a book, what great writing. Fantastic female protagonist. Sort of Southern grit noirish, kind of lol! Once I've polished this off, I've got two David Joy books on deck, Where All Light Tends To Go and The Weight Of This World. High hopes for both. Getting ready to head to my favorite Dive Dinner for breakfast, the prices are all stuck at about 1979, full breakfast and coffee $7.00 plus tip. And then a day of book scouting! Have a fantastic day CD peeps!

Comment

Have fun Mike!

I'd seen the movie Winter's Bone, pretty bleak. Not a bad film. I hadn't realized it was based on a book though. That piques my interest.

I just started up the oddity of David Ohle's Motorman. It's something else...

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Getting ready to head to my favorite Dive Dinner for breakfast, the prices are all stuck at about 1979, full breakfast and coffee $7.00 plus tip. And then a day of book scouting!
                          Sounds like an absolutely perfect day to me.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Finished Bird Box. Highly recommended. Really enjoyed this book.
                            Now on to a re-read of the book that got me into reading. Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles. This is for a book club that I Belong to. This month's challenge is to re-read a favorite book from your youth. Been awhile since I have read this. Looking forward to getting into it.

Comment

I wish SubPress would have done a ebook or cheaper edition of the expanded edition they did

Comment

Finished Bird Box. Highly recommended. Really enjoyed this book.
                                Now on to a re-read of the book that got me into reading. Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles. This is for a book club that I Belong to. This month's challenge is to re-read a favorite book from your youth. Been awhile since I have read this. Looking forward to getting into it.
                                I love Bradbury!

Comment

Working...
                                X