No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...I finally read Boy's Life. I have to put this at, or very near the top of favourite reads for sure! I will that it didn't unfold as expected (which is good). Just a great, well written book.

Next up... Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K Dick

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      Started rereading The Dead Zone. It's probably been thirty years since that first and only reading of this. Can't say it was a favorite but I always enjoyed the movie. This time around I'm finding it difficult to put down when I read at night.
      Still reading TDZ, can't believe it's been a month and still going. Funny reading all the political stuff in it, it's like he was predicting the future.

Comment

Books of Blood: Volumes 1 to 3. I found the intro interesting to read. Barker says the man who wrote these horror stories doesn't exist any more. He's moved on.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
          Still reading TDZ, can't believe it's been a month and still going. Funny reading all the political stuff in it, it's like he was predicting the future.
          Isn't it funny how we're living that book right now? TDZ has always been one of my favorites. I don't know how many times I've read it, but it has to be at least ten.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Books of Blood: Volumes 1 to 3. I found the intro interesting to read. Barker says the man who wrote these horror stories doesn't exist any more. He's moved on.
            Still need to read these.

Currently finishing Crime & Punishment (should be done tomorrow) then starting up Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. Maybe I'll pick up The Books of Blood after.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              Isn't it funny how we're living that book right now? TDZ has always been one of my favorites. I don't know how many times I've read it, but it has to be at least ten.
              Definitely one of my favorite King books of all time. Miss those early King years dearly but it's nice to know we can step back into them anytime we like .

Comment

Just started Tim Power's The Drawing of the Dark.

Comment

Started reading Depraved 2 by Bryan Smith. Really good so far. Bryan Smith is one of those writers who I can't get enough of. Every time I read his stuff I want more.

Comment

Just finished one of my new favourites.....The Codex by Douglas Preston. Fantastic - fast paced, how a story should be!

Now - my first Bill Pronzini.... Revenant

Comment

Revenant was a good one, for sure!

Up next - Watchers by Dean Koontz

Comment

Recently picked up The Stand again. I'd started it about a year ago, for the first time, but ended up putting it down. Not because I didn't like it, but because I wasn't in the mood (it happens with me quite a bit). Well I'm 3/4 through and it's really kept my attention this time. Very interesting read and rather insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          Recently picked up The Stand again. I'd started it about a year ago, for the first time, but ended up putting it down. Not because I didn't like it, but because I wasn't in the mood (it happens with me quite a bit). Well I'm 3/4 through and it's really kept my attention this time. Very interesting read and rather insightful.
                          My all time favorite

Comment

I'm about half way through Leviathan Wakes. LOVING this one quite a bit. So much so in fact, I picked up the first season of Expanse last week (don't have cable so I haven't watched this.) One of my carpool buddies says it's fantastic.

Also reading all of Kurt Busiek's wonderful Astro City series. I stopped read this when I stopped buying comics in a previous life (oh those previous lives . . .) and having a ball with this series. As I told him on Twitter the other day, Victory might my favorite of the series so far.

Comment

Love the Expanse series and Sub Press is doing a great job with them. Just the right amount of "Dark" lol!! Finished the Drawing of the Dark Tim Powers, it was very good.

Comment

Currently reading Pan book of horror Volume 1. Decent horror book of short stories from 1959. The style of writing and prose is quite dated but the tales are pretty original and remind me of Roald Dahl's "Tales of the Unexpected".

Comment

Working...
                                X