What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      You lucky, lucky bastard

life_brian_dungeon.jpg

Comment

I'm reading Island Funeral by Keith Minnon, a chapbook. Who is this kid? So far it's really a very good story. Anybody else read anything else of his? Your thoughts? If his other work is as good as this, he's very talented.
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Minnion is teriffic! CD offered this early last year and it's a gerat collection! Island funeral is included in this collection.

http://www.keithminnion.com/its-for-you
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

This is why I love CD. They bring me new voices and talents all the time. Thanks for the link srb.
            "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

...welcome...
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Finished The Woman and bonus novella Cow. Holy crap!!! I'd seen the movie but was not prepared for this. I've only read a few Ketchums and I know that he goes whole hog with the endings of his works, but Ketchum always manages to twist the knife one last time at the end of his books.

This afternoon, The Wind Through the Keyhole!
                Awesome! Can't wait for both! Hoping The Woman gets here sometime next week.

Comment

Just finished Island Funeral and you are correct, sir. Really a fantastic little story.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I recently completed The Sorrows by Jonathan Janz. This is his first novel and a second will be out this year. I really enjoyed the story but there are continuity issues within the story. I liked the story well enough that I will pick up his second book.
                    Hey, Martin. I hope this isn't creepy of me or anything, but I wanted to say thanks for giving my work a chance, and I'm very happy you liked it enough to read HOUSE OF SKIN when it's released this June. And I also agree with all the Kealan Patrick Burke love. The dude is a fantastic writer.

Comment

Love the cover; hope the book as well.

sk

Comment

Awesome Siep, this is one that I've been dying (figuratively) to get my hot little hands on (particularly the S/L version ) - thanks for sharing !!!!

Comment

A Book of Horrors is a terrific anthology! Read this last month and boasts an excellent line up. Of course a special nod goes out to Brian Hodge, wonderful story.
                          Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                          http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                            Just finished Island Funeral and you are correct, sir. Really a fantastic little story.
                            If you enjoyed that story, Hedda, you'll love Keith's collection, It's For You.
                            Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                            http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

I am a few days behind in posting this but I completed The Grief Frequency by Kealan Patrick Burke. Fantastic story, I read it after 7 Stories by Brian James Freeman and they go very well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Awesome Siep, this is one that I've been dying (figuratively) to get my hot little hands on (particularly the S/L version ) - thanks for sharing !!!!
                                You're welcome, Grant.
                                I love my S/L editions, especially when SK is a contributor, but passed on this (S/L) edition - too much money (which I don't say too often).
                                The above edition is signed by a number of contributors, not by King, and is the regular trade edition.
                                I believe it's one of the final books I posted in my collection thread.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X