Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brlesh
    replied
    Finished More Tomorrow & Other Stories by Michael Marshall Smith the other night, which was a really great collection.

At nearly 500 pages & 30 stories, I didn’t like everything, but there is certainly enough quality fiction to satisfy any fan of horror or dark fiction.

Next up, my first rereading of Misery in over 30 years.

Nearly 250 pages in & enjoying it as much if not more than I did the first time.

B

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Brian Keene announced in his last newsletter that it is all-new stories. Line-up is great: Joe Lansdale, Keith Lansdale, Josh Malerman, David Schow, James A. Moore, Laird Barron, Mary Sangiovanni, Jonathan Janz, S.A. Crosby, Owen King, Stephen Graham Jones, Gabino Iglesias, Aaron Dries, Elizabeth Massie, Gary Braunbeck, Nancy Collins, Linda Addison, Charles Rutledge, Cynthia Pelayo, Rachel Autumn Deering, and Chet Williamson.
    That is really fantastic news! Thanks for sharing that info! Hope I'm able to snag a copy when Thunderstorm puts it up for pre-order in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I also noticed Partridge listed as a part of the upcoming "THE DRIVE-IN: MULTIPLEX — a tribute to Joe R. Lansdale's The Drive-In trilogy" coming from Thunderstorm books. Was also wondering if his contribution will be something new or a reprint. Hopefully, as the book gets closer to being offered for pre-order, they will list a table of contents.
    Brian Keene announced in his last newsletter that it is all-new stories. Line-up is great: Joe Lansdale, Keith Lansdale, Josh Malerman, David Schow, James A. Moore, Laird Barron, Mary Sangiovanni, Jonathan Janz, S.A. Crosby, Owen King, Stephen Graham Jones, Gabino Iglesias, Aaron Dries, Elizabeth Massie, Gary Braunbeck, Nancy Collins, Linda Addison, Charles Rutledge, Cynthia Pelayo, Rachel Autumn Deering, and Chet Williamson.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Interesting to see that Partridge is listed as an author in the next anthology from Ellen Datlow, Screaming in the Dark.

No telling if it’s new fiction or a reprint.

B
    I also noticed Partridge listed as a part of the upcoming "THE DRIVE-IN: MULTIPLEX — a tribute to Joe R. Lansdale's The Drive-In trilogy" coming from Thunderstorm books. Was also wondering if his contribution will be something new or a reprint. Hopefully, as the book gets closer to being offered for pre-order, they will list a table of contents.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just finished Norman Partridge's "Bad Intentions". Picked it up as a part of the Pelan sale over on the Centipede press site. First time reading it and truly enjoyed the heck out of it. One of the better horror short story collections that I 've read recently. Really makes me wish the author was more prolific as I would love to read something newer by him. Am now currently reading Kealan Patrick Burke's "Guests". Picked-up an AGE from Suntup. Love me some Burke, but, have never read any of these novellas before now. Finished the first one, "Jack & Jill", today. Holy crap! Not only was it stone cold brilliant, but, it was truly one of the bleakest things that I have read in quite a while.
    Interesting to see that Partridge is listed as an author in the next anthology from Ellen Datlow, Screaming in the Dark.

No telling if it’s new fiction or a reprint.

Read Jack & Jill a couple years ago when it was published by CD. Don’t remember much about the story, but I do remember it was a holy shit ending.

B

Leave a comment:

Working...
X