No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost done with starship troopers. I figured I'd check it off my tube list with the suntup numbered edition. A nice reading experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
      Almost done with starship troopers. I figured I'd check it off my tube list with the suntup numbered edition. A nice reading experience.
      I am hoping to the beach for a few days soon. A thinking about taking the Suntup Artist edition of this one with me.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Did you pick up the deal from CD for those? I did - but haven't gotten to them yet. I've only read one (maybe two) things from them.
        Unfortunately, I had already purchased my copies directly from SubPress. When I saw the CD deal, I was a bit jealous of those who hadn't already purchased the books as that was a smoking deal to me. Have started the 2nd collection, Comes A Pale Rider, and, so far so good.

Comment

Just finished Caitlin R. Kiernan's second Dancy Flammarion collection "Comes A Pale Rider". Just as strong as the first collection in my opinion. Kiernan's writing is as fantastic as usual. Loved the ties to previous Dancy stories. Am really glad that I picked-up this book from SubPress. Hope Kiernan decides to collect a third volume of Dancy Flammarion stories sometime soon as she is a really cool character.

Comment

Just started You Love Me by Caroline Kepnes. Nice to visit with Joe Goldberg again. So far I like it.
            Last night I finished Finders Keepers. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

Just finished "Your Turn to Suffer" by Tim Waggoner. This was my first read by this author and will definitely not be my last. I really enjoyed this book. Story felt like a splatter punk (early) Dean R. Koontz novel mixed with some Clive Barker with a dash of Lovecraft. Loved how the author wasn't afraid to kill his darlings in this one. Also some of the strangest, creepiest, goriest visuals that I have encountered in awhile. Highly recommend this books to the horror lovers out there!

Comment

Because I’ve heard so many people talk about this book for so long, I’m finally reading IMAJICA, by Clive Barker. I’m on Chapter 34 of about a million chapters. But it’s ok, I’m digging the book.

Comment

Just finished Rio Youers' "Lola on Fire". Man, this frickin book was awesome! As compulsive a read as anything I have encountered in quite awhile. Literally had to force myself to stop reading so I wouldn't be overtired at work the next day. Loved the mix of characters, especially Lola and Blair, two of the most badass women that you could ask for. This book would make a fantastic movie. Youers completely knocked it out of the park with this one. A five star read for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Just finished Rio Youers' "Lola on Fire". Man, this frickin book was awesome! As compulsive a read as anything I have encountered in quite awhile. Literally had to force myself to stop reading so I wouldn't be overtired at work the next day. Loved the mix of characters, especially Lola and Blair, two of the most badass women that you could ask for. This book would make a fantastic movie. Youers completely knocked it out of the park with this one. A five star read for me.
                    Good to hear. It sounds interesting. I will be reading Westlake Soul soon. I may go for this one after that.

Comment

A little more than half way through The Refuge Collection...Hell to Others, a charity anthology edited by Steve Dillon, which is the follow up to The Refuge Collection....Heaven to Some.

Similar to the first book, Hell to Others is a pretty good collection of stories, with a lot of references to Lovecraft & Barker.

The stories also seem to have more of an interconnected story arc than I remember from Heaven, though it's been nearly a year since I've read it.

B

Comment

Finished The Refuge Collection....Hell to Others. A pretty good collection of interconnected stories.

Started Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay the other night.

100 pages & liking it a lot so far.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
                          Finished The Refuge Collection....Hell to Others. A pretty good collection of interconnected stories.

Started Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay the other night.

100 pages & liking it a lot so far.

B
                          'Disappearance at Devil's Rock' intrigues me. Plan to get to it eventually.

I am a sucker for books about Stephen. With that said I am about a third of the way into 'Chart of Darkness' and am absolutely loving it.

Comment

Just finished "Replay" by Ken Grimwood. Had never heard of this author/book, but, it was mentioned with high praise somewhere in this forum and I decided to give it a try. Am so glad that I did as this book was fantastic. A very moving and bittersweet story. Hard not to get choked up when reading parts of this one. Reminded me a bit of Neil Barrett Jr.'s "The Hereafter Gang", but less zany. Kills me to know that the author was working on a sequel when he passed away as I would have loved to read it. So many places the author could have gone with the story... Overall, a five star read for me.

On a side note- Has anyone read any of this author's other books? If so, do you have any recommendations? While I can't imagine that any would be as good as "Replay", I would love to give another one a read. "Into the Deep" intrigues me as the synopsis sounds like the movie Starsea that was a plot point in "Replay".
                            Last edited by sholloman81; 04-23-2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Just finished "Replay" by Ken Grimwood. Had never heard of this author/book, but, it was mentioned with high praise somewhere in this forum and I decided to give it a try. Am so glad that I did as this book was fantastic. A very moving and bittersweet story. Hard not to get choked up when reading parts of this one. Reminded me a bit of Neil Barrett Jr.'s "The Hereafter Gang", but less zany. Kills me to know that the author was working on a sequel when he passed away as I would have loved to read it. So many places the author could have gone with the story... Overall, a five star read for me.

On a side note- Has anyone read any of this author's other books? If so, do you have any recommendations? While I can't imagine that any would be as good as "Replay", I would love to give another one a read. "Into the Deep" intrigues me as the synopsis sounds like the movie Starsea that was a plot point in "Replay".
                              This story has been the subject of a lot of speculation regarding a Suntup release. This was also my introduction to the author. Replay and Breakthrough both sound interesting.

Comment

I've read all of Grimwood's books, except for his Alan Cochran pseudonymous novel. I'd suggest his debut novel, BREAKTHROUGH, and his second novel, ELISE, as additional reads. His third, THE VOICE OUTSIDE, was my least favorite, and INTO THE DEEP was okay. The problem with all his books, save for REPLAY and INTO THE DEEP, is availability...they're tough to find.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X