No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm only at the halfway point (since I'm reading a bit til it feels new, then going back and skimming what I just read in the 2016 rewrite) so I don't know yet.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finished Django Wexler's The Guns of Empire, 4th book of the Shadow campaigns. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to see where this series goes. The first book, The Thousand Names, is still my favorite. Started on the new James Sallis, Willnot. Waiting for Fall lol!!

Comment

Just started reading Running With The Demon by Terry Brooks...one of my grab bag autographed books...so far so good

Comment

Originally posted by tweetygirl0606 View Post
          Just started reading Running With The Demon by Terry Brooks...one of my grab bag autographed books...so far so good
          One of my favorites.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Started rereading The Dead Zone. It's probably been thirty years since that first and only reading of this. Can't say it was a favorite but I always enjoyed the movie. This time around I'm finding it difficult to put down when I read at night.

Comment

I reread TDZ relatively recently (3 years ago); I found it held up pretty well.
              Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

I'm rereading Skeleton Crew right now; sadly, it it not holding up as well for me. Nothing is outright terrible; it's just that nothing strikes me as great as it did when I initially read it (I was around 16, and man, I loved this book), which I guess is par for the course. The Reaper's Image remains pretty fun (simple but good).

Until this reread, I couldn't understand those who preferred Night Shift (which I reread around 4 years ago) to SC, but now it appears I am one of them. No tragedy; it's just interesting how tastes change (I'm basically pissing myself off).
                Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                  Started rereading The Dead Zone. It's probably been thirty years since that first and only reading of this. Can't say it was a favorite but I always enjoyed the movie. This time around I'm finding it difficult to put down when I read at night.
                  One of my all time favorite King reads. Loved Walken's Johnny. Couldn't help but feel for the guy. Both in the book and on the screen.

Comment

Finished the original of Dark Debts. Rated it 4 stars on GR. The rewritten 2016 edition is something I can't recommend.
                    Started (finally) on The Century's Best Horror Fiction, Vol. II.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I finished The Straw Men.....I thought it was excellent! Probably one of my top reads this year.

Now - onto Boy's Life by Robert McCammon

Comment

Just re-read James Sallis's Turner Trilogy omnibus, What You Have Left (contains the books, Cypress Grove, Cripple Creek and Salt River). The books are full of dying Southern towns, tumble down houses, lost people and damaged souls. But as with any Sallis book, it's also full of melancholy music, hope and redemption. "Sometimes you just have to see how much music you can make with what you have left." He is an absolute master of sparse prose. I still have to get to his poetry!

Comment

Just finished Man Drowning by Henry Kuttner and Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block. Both I enjoyed quite a bit, for quite different reasons.

Now starting Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky. Just reached part 2 at 70 pages in.
                          Last edited by Theli; 09-16-2016, 03:22 AM.

Comment

If you feel Crime and Punishment is driving you insane alongside its protagonist, don't worry. That just means it's working.
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I was just mentioning that to my friend the other day. The book is absolutely delirious.

Comment

Finished <I>The Century's Best Horror Fiction Vol. II</I>. Exceptional, but the Lansdale piece paled in comparison to every thing else in the book. I find it hard to believe that was the best of 1988. Oh well.

On to a couple of sequels to a GR read that the author, Nick Iuppa, signed for me: <I>Alicia's Sin</> and <I>Alicia Bewitched</I>.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X