Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    About 80 pages into A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, and, well, I'm absolutely loving it. I don't know where the story is going, but I know I will enjoy every minute of the ride.

    Comment


      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      About 80 pages into A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, and, well, I'm absolutely loving it. I don't know where the story is going, but I know I will enjoy every minute of the ride.
      That story was a fun ride!

      Comment


        Finally finished the six-book Miriam Black series by Chuck Wendig. Then quickly read the slim new Thunderstorm collection by Richard Chizmar. Now reading a coffee-table book on Triumph's rise and fall (and later rebirth) here in America (i.e. not the UK, its manufacturing home and domestic market):

        triumph.JPG
        Last edited by RonClinton; 08-14-2019, 09:21 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

        Comment


          I gave up on the Miriam Black books after the fourth one I believe. I liked the premise but grew bored with it. Plus didn’t particularly care for her.

          Also forgot about the Thunderstorm book. Did you get a shipping notice for that or did it just show up?

          Comment


            Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I gave up on the Miriam Black books after the fourth one I believe. I liked the premise but grew bored with it. Plus didn’t particularly care for her.

            Also forgot about the Thunderstorm book. Did you get a shipping notice for that or did it just show up?
            I can’t recall if I received a notice or not, but I’ve had it for a while (weeks)...if you ordered a copy and haven’t seen it yet, I’d definitely give Paul a nudge and see where your copy may be.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

            Comment


              Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I can’t recall if I received a notice or not, but I’ve had it for a while (weeks)...if you ordered a copy and haven’t seen it yet, I’d definitely give Paul a nudge and see where your copy may be.
              Yeah I had my copy by June 21. And I think at that point all Paul had left were the trade paperbacks. So if you got one of the hardcovers you need to ask where it is.

              https://youtu.be/9Pd66ZOMQUY
              Last edited by jeffingoff; 08-15-2019, 01:31 PM.

              Comment


                I usually get 2 different emails when my Thunderstorm order ships. I think it also attaches the tracking to my Paypal so if you used that you can also look for tracking there.

                Comment


                  Awesome. And by awesome I mean less than ideal.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    Awesome. And by awesome I mean less than ideal.
                    Sorry. That sucks. Though Im sure Paul will take care if you. I hear hes good people.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Sorry. That sucks. Though I’m sure Paul will take care if you. I hear he’s good people.
                      On my daily walk at lunch I had this scary thought - that I did get the book but completely forgot about getting it and it’s in the library.

                      I’m going to check. Since my library isn’t fully put together yet, I just toss books into there.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                        On my daily walk at lunch I had this scary thought - that I did get the book but completely forgot about getting it and it’s in the library.

                        I’m going to check. Since my library isn’t fully put together yet, I just toss books into there.
                        I hope you meant to say -You walk into your library and carefully set the book down. Book tossers will not be tolerated here.


                        Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          I hope you meant to say -You walk into your library and carefully set the book down. Book tossers will not be tolerated here.


                          Cap

                          Comment


                            I am a little over half way through The Talisman and am loving this story. This is one of three King novels I have not read.

                            Comment


                              Glad to hear some love for The Talisman. It's a great story.

                              Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I am a little over half way through The Talisman and am loving this story. This is one of three King novels I have not read.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Glad to hear some love for The Talisman. It's a great story.
                                I was expecting a Dark Tower like story and it is. The part that surprises me is it really reads like a modern Wizard of Oz tale. The Wizard of Oz was a great influence on my reading habits and this is a joy to read.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X