No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting The Silence by Tim Lebbon . Also reading The Journal of Jeremy Todd by John Quick.

Comment

I just finished The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin and thoroughly enjoyed it. I resisted the temptation to keep going with the trilogy and decided on a quickie - Joe Lansdale's Prisoner 489. I am thinking I will jump into Justin Cronin's City of Mirrors next, although I may save that for an audiobook.

Comment

I finished reading Circus Boy Adventure Stories. It was an excellent mystery based on the Circus Boy TV series. I finished Lost in Darkness by Jeffrey Thomas. This is simply the best book I've read in a long time. Now, I'm reading I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge and Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke.

Cap
        Last edited by c marvel; 06-03-2019, 03:18 AM.
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Just started Maigret and the Wine Merchant by Georges Simenon, 1970.
          Finished this up. I have to say I very impressed. Usually, I'm a very noir/gritty fan, but I enjoyed the gentle domestic touches in this story. One to the next one, but before that, I'm reading Leo Carew's The Wolf, Darkish epic Fantasy, you might like this one Slayn666!

Comment

Currently reading the DRP limited of Richard Laymon's Funland

Comment

I finished reading I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge. I'm really into Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke and will read next Timmy Quinn Book 4: Peregrine's Tale. Than I'll take a break before tackling Nemesis which I believe is over 1,000 pages. I've been on a series reading kick. I finished all of the books in Steven E Wedel's The Werewolf Saga.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                I finished reading I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge. I'm really into Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke and will read next Timmy Quinn Book 4: Peregrine's Tale. Than I'll take a break before tackling Nemesis which I believe is over 1,000 pages. I've been on a series reading kick. I finished all of the books in Steven E Wedel's The Werewolf Saga.

Cap
                I am not in a position to check right now but I am positive Nemesis is nowhere near 1,000 pages. I do not think the entire Timmy Quinn series reaches 1,000 pages. Really good reading!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I am not in a position to check right now but I am positive Nemesis is nowhere near 1,000 pages. I do not think the entire Timmy Quinn series reaches 1,000 pages. Really good reading!
                  I am in a position to check Mr Martin. I have Nemesis as an ebook and that edition, just the novel itself, is over 1,000 pages. ~Cap

Comment

I am in a position to check Mr Martin. I have Nemesis as an ebook and that edition, just the novel itself, is over 1,000 pages. ~Cap
                    That is strange. I did check amazon and they list the paperback at 334 and the Kindle edition at 335. Those numbers are more in line with what I remember the hard
                    bound being.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      That is strange. I did check amazon and they list the paperback at 334 and the Kindle edition at 335. Those numbers are more in line with what I remember the hard
                      bound being.
                      Perhaps it is because of the edition or file type I have? I made sure to say I am going by my ebook edition. ~Cap

Comment

Perhaps it is because of the edition or file type I have? I made sure to say I am going by my ebook edition. ~Cap
                        It is a good story, as are all the Timmy Quinn books.

Comment

I finished Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke and read Timmy Quinn Book 4: Peregrine's Tale. Now, I'm starting the Fredric Brown double-novel The Far Cry / The Screaming Mimi.

Cap

Comment

Just finished Leo Carew's The Wolf and started Clea's Moon by Edward Wright. It's the first of a trilogy featuring John Ray Horn, screen Cowboy turned debt collector investigator in 1940/50s Hollywood.
                            Last edited by mhatchett; 06-24-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Currently reading Fletcher's A BOY AND HIS DOG AT THE END OF THE WORLD. So far, so good, but it is early.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Currently reading Fletcher's A BOY AND HIS DOG AT THE END OF THE WORLD. So far, so good, but it is early.
                                One of the my favorite reads this Summer Ron.

Comment

Working...
                                X