Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Is it a nod to Harlan Ellison? Or just a coincidental title?
    I can't find anything about the similarities online, but I'd love to see what the author says. It's a good story - I just finished it last night.

    Comment


      Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
      I recently watched the second Goosebumps movie...come on, it was fun! So, I actually am reading the novelization of the first Goosebumps film.

      I've always been fascinated by Stine. I'm assuming he uses ghostwriters most of the time (and did use them most of the time, once the project really took off), but I believe he continues to say he never has. And really, no article has ever contradicted that, except a couple blog posts. But of course there was one series where there were credited co-authors (if I recall) and one author came out and said he wrote one of the books (might have been a Fear Street title, though).

      That would be a fun life...writing little horror books for kids (that make a lot of money, I concede to add).
      Ain't it the truth! Goosebumps were a seminal part of my youth.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Theli View Post
        Is it a nod to Harlan Ellison? Or just a coincidental title?
        After starting this, I would say no, interesting writing style though. So far, so good.

        Comment


          Reading Depraved 3 by Bryan Smith. Women in prison with lots of sex and violence. A fun read as always from Mr. Smith.

          Comment


            I'm about half way through Black Wings of Cthulhu Vol. 6. Similar to the previous volumes, the stories are generally pretty good, though has been a couple of clunkers along the way.

            B

            Comment


              Starting WHITSTABLE by Stephen Volk.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

              Comment


                Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Starting WHITSTABLE by Stephen Volk.
                I’ve heard nothing but good things. I’ve been meaning to pick up PS’s edition of The Dark Masters Trilogy collecting this, Leytonstone and Netherwood. I’m just not a huge fan of PS’s aesthetics so I keep putting it off. Very curious to know your thoughts.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  I’ve heard nothing but good things. I’ve been meaning to pick up PS’s edition of The Dark Masters Trilogy collecting this, Leytonstone and Netherwood. I’m just not a huge fan of PS’s aesthetics so I keep putting it off. Very curious to know your thoughts.
                  I have the DARK MASTERS trilogy in my sights if I like this one. I’m reading it in BEST NEW HORROR #25 that I found on clearance at HPB for $2.00. DARK MASTERS has piqued my interest for some time, so when I saw this a couple months ago and noted that it had Volk’s novella, I snatched it up (it also had THE GIST by Michael Marshall Smith).
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                  Comment


                    Thomas Perry, The Burglar.

                    Comment


                      Just finished Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's A Baroque Fable; a bit uneven with a bit too much filler, but still good fun with a few good laughs. Also finished Marie de France's Lais. Now onto Chretien de Troye's Arthurian Romances and Roger Zelazny's Dilvish the Damned.

                      Comment


                        Just finished Christopher Golden’s “The Pandora Room”, his 2nd “Ben Walker” book. I really liked it, but not as much as the 1st book, “Ararat”. This one had a lot of cool elements to it such as underground tombs, ancient plagues, ghosts, military action, curses, etc.; however, what held it back in comparison to “Ararat” was the ending. I just couldn’t suspend my disbelief quite enough to buy the last few pages. Nevertheless, I will be looking forward to book three in the “Ben Walker” series, assuming Golden chooses to write one. I’m now on to a reread of Jack Ketchum’s “Offseason” as I was lucky enough to snag a signed limited edition 35th anniversary copy from DRP. Am excited as I remember really liking this book the first time around. Also, I think the dust jacket for DRP’s edition is fantastic.

                        Comment


                          Just started book 5 of The Expanse series. I'm enjoying this series so far. Struggled a bit with book 3, but that was mostly because of how they handled book 3 in the TV show.
                          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                          Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

                          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I have the DARK MASTERS trilogy in my sights if I like this one. I’m reading it in BEST NEW HORROR #25 that I found on clearance at HPB for $2.00. DARK MASTERS has piqued my interest for some time, so when I saw this a couple months ago and noted that it had Volk’s novella, I snatched it up (it also had THE GIST by Michael Marshall Smith).
                            I was trying to track down a reasonably priced signed copy of BEST NEW HORROR #25 for both of those stories mentioned. Once DARK MASTERS was announced, I quit the search. I still want to pick up a copy of THE GIST, but don't want to go down the rabbit hole of the BEST NEW HORROR series as I would need to get all of them.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              I was trying to track down a reasonably priced signed copy of BEST NEW HORROR #25 for both of those stories mentioned. Once DARK MASTERS was announced, I quit the search. I still want to pick up a copy of THE GIST, but don't want to go down the rabbit hole of the BEST NEW HORROR series as I would need to get all of them.
                              If it won’t send you down an unwanted rabbit hole, I would be glad to send you my copy of the book once I’m finished reading both novellas…probably in a week or two, as reading time is in short supply lately since I started binge-watching Mad Men. If you’d like it, PM me your mailing address and I’ll ship it your way soon.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                              Comment


                                Just finished my second Merrily Watkins by Phil Rickman, Midwinter of the Spirit. Excellent. On to number three!

                                Downloaded some BBC radio dramas on MP3. Listened to two, so far. Great stuff and for free! Gotta love teh interwebs.
                                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                                Ralph Waldo Emerson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X