No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, it should be good the first one in this arc was good. This series is making a good bridge from the early series prequils to the original series.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Just started reading "The Sword of Shannara" series again. It's been ages
      Same here.
      I used to read Terry brooks faithfully, was really fond of the Shannara series, but somehow this feeling peetered out.
      Running With the Demon might have been the last book I've read. I don't even remember..

sk

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
        I need to broaden my horizons....because of your post, I'm going to try another Simmons book. I need something good....I have to see exactly what I have by the guy.
        The Terror is something really good.
        But it's a huge novel, and as you seem te have a hard time sticking-to-it, I don't know if I'd recommend it.
        They don't come much better, though.

sk

Comment

I've read it before and was not too impressed.
          Of course I had to order the limited. Maybe re-rerading it will change my mind.

sk

Comment

Thats one i want to read. Siep what did you think of 'The Very Best of Best New Horror'? did you have a favourite story? (i assume that you have finished)

Comment

Prince of Thorns Mark Lawrence. Not bad. And Shadow's Son Jon Sprunk. Again not bad. Quick Summer reads.

MDH

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                Siep what did you think of 'The Very Best of Best New Horror'? did you have a favourite story? (i assume that you have finished)
                Yes, I have.
                Overall, I really liked this book. More strong stories than weak ones. Come to think of it, there were no weak stories - maybe a few I wasn't too fond of.

Stand-outs: No Sharks in the Med, The Church on the Island, Mr Clubb and Mr Cuff, White, My Death and Cleopatra Brimstone.

There were many more I really enjoyed, but these I particularly remember.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  The Terror is something really good.
                  But it's a huge novel, and as you seem te have a hard time sticking-to-it, I don't know if I'd recommend it.
                  They don't come much better, though.

sk
                  The Terror? I'm sure I don't have that one. I looked lastnight and I do have several signed books by him, but have no clue if they're worth anything. One is Summer Sketches, I think it is. I probably have more of his books but there's about 100 of mine in big plastic "boxes" under a bunch of book collecting "stuff". Anyway, back to the point lol, you say it's a big novel so you're right...I may have a hard time finishing it. It took me 2 weeks just to finish "1922" by King even though I liked it. But Carrion Comfort was pretty big too, but it was easier to finish that one years ago when I could still get into horror novels. I'll just look it up and put it in my Wishlist on Amazon. This post is WAY too long, but this forum made me interested in trying to read novels again.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    Yes, I have.
                    Overall, I really liked this book. More strong stories than weak ones. Come to think of it, there were no weak stories - maybe a few I wasn't too fond of.

Stand-outs: No Sharks in the Med, The Church on the Island, Mr Clubb and Mr Cuff, White, My Death and Cleopatra Brimstone.

There were many more I really enjoyed, but these I particularly remember.

sk
                    Hey frik, I forgot to ask you, do you think the book Freak Show is worth reading? I ask because it seems like you've read everything lol. And I just have it sitting out with some other stuff when I was digging around in the closet lastnight.

Comment

Finally have 'In Laymon's Terms' in my hand. Only had time to read the introductions last night, do far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                        Hey frik, I forgot to ask you, do you think the book Freak Show is worth reading? I ask because it seems like you've read everything lol.
                        Only seems that way. I don't really read that much, as I'm a pretty slow reader and my job keeps me pretty busy.
                        Freak Show I can't help you with - I've never even heard of it.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Sooooooo...

You went on vaction, caught a nasty virus, finished your time in Pet Semetery (did your wife plant you there? That's touching actually, a nice twist on the book!) and now you've come back to us.

Cool! Welcome back, Pete!!
                          Yup, sounds about right. She got me in the ground good and early though, that's the secret. I've come back alright though, except for a certain smell I can't seem to wash off...

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                            ..., except for a certain smell I can't seem to wash off...
                            "It was the smell. She couldn't get rid of the smell. In the shower she used up all of the soap, the shampoo, the bubblebath, the perfume... The smell was still there. Have you ever burned an insect with a magnifying glass? Just once, long ago, when you were a kid and didn't know any better? There. You know it. You know the smell." - Alan Moore, "The Saga of the Swamp Thing" #29, "Love and Death"
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Currently reading SACRED by Dennis Lehane.
                              http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

The Dark Tower series took me just under 6 weeks; have moved on to Timber Gray by Ronald Kelly.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X