What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I've never read a book by King/Bachman I would call depressing, so I don't know how to answer that. But the D and TR are definitley at opposite ends of the pole. D has sympathetic characters that fall under the influence of forces beyond their control and TR has shockingly unlikeable characters falling under the same influence, theoretically simutaneously. It was an experiment utilizing his newly-minted ideas about the Dark Tower universe. I thought it was pretty good, taken as a whole.
    I'm about 500 pages into Desperation now (I'm not a speedy reader). I like the characters of the book and how they've come together. I wonder if, when he's writing this stuff, some of the stuff that people do drive him crazy like they do me. For instance, when Audrey is choking David and Johnny just kind of stands there because he's cataloging. I wanted to punch him in the neck.

Comment

Looks like I should finish The Resurrectionist tonight. What a great read - highly recommend to anyone! Up next....not sure, have a couple of e-books to add to my Kobo, and quite a few other books too.

Comment

Finished Floating Dragon.

<overlong and uncomfortable dramatic pause>

I don't think I'm going to become a Straub fan anytime soon. But CD's 30th Anniversary edition is beautiful, tho.! The Caretaker by A.X. Ahmad is next--a recent ARC goodreads win (have 3 more coming) is next. The book won't be released until May.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The Resurrectionist is done - Awesome! Might start knocking off more e-books on the good ol' Kobo. Have some more CD ones to read, as well as some from Samhain Publishing that I got for free with some coupons. Mountain King or Flesh and Blood are probably next. Although I may stray from the horror for a bit, and read one of the medical thrillers I grabbed for my wife. She is reading Contagion by Robin Cook, and also got her another Cook - Outbreak, as well as The Gemini Virus by Wil Mara.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            Looks like I should finish The Resurrectionist tonight. What a great read - highly recommend to anyone!
            The one by Wrath James White? I loved that book!

Comment

I finished Ghost Story a few days back and I really enjoyed it, love the atmosphere of the town and how cold and dead everything seems to be, it really is a marvelous ghost story!

Comment

I highly recommend Straub's The Hellfire Club as well!
                Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                I finished Ghost Story a few days back and I really enjoyed it, love the atmosphere of the town and how cold and dead everything seems to be, it really is a marvelous ghost story!

Comment

Yes, that is the one. Quick read, and quite violent and gory, but it actually has a well laid out story to it. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Comment

Best fanzine EVER!!

sk

Comment

Desperation is King and has more compassion for the characters; The Regulators is Bachman, which is King minus the compassion.
                      I finished Desperation last night and, taking srboone's advice, hoping to start The Regulators later today.

Comment

Recently finished Last Light by Alex Scarrow, Sleepwalkers by Tom Grieves, and The Tombs by Cussler. On to The Prophet by Koryta and Lastlight by Scarrow.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          I finished Desperation last night and, taking srboone's advice, hoping to start The Regulators later today.
                          Once you start, there's bound to be some system shock, but just go with it. Characters you loved in the first one, you'll probably hate in the second.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Once you start, there's bound to be some system shock, but just go with it. Characters you loved in the first one, you'll probably hate in the second.
                            I'm about half way through The Regulators and so far I like it more than Desperation.

Comment

About half way through Killing Ghost. It's pretty creepy so far.

Comment

Rusty - that will be one of the next reads I get to I think. I want to do a couple on my Kobo since I finished Torn last night. I have quite a few lined up on the Kobo, just not sure what's next. Might do Forest of Shadows by Hunter Shea, or Flesh and Blood by Masterton..... not sure yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X