X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

It's a two person backpacking tent - in other words, it fits one person . . .
    LOL!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

If you buy this edition before the house; you might just end up in that tent
    It's a two person backpacking tent - in other words, it fits one person . . .

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

If there's a CP edition of WD SIGN ME UP NOW! Jerad lives down the road (relatively speaking) and I have a tent and have no issue camping out waiting for this.
    If you buy this edition before the house; you might just end up in that tent

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    The last couple reads: MALORIE by Josh Malerman (enjoyed it but there were some plot issues which should have addressed), HE STARTED IT by Samantha Downing, THE PAIIENT by Jasper Dewitt (a short effective horror novel that makes me want to see what he writes next), THE HOLLOW ONES by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan (a good read which reminds me of Preston/Child’s Pendergast novel except with more of a dark fantasy vibe).

Currently reading THE END OF OCTOBER by Lawrence Wright. A global pandemic novel that is very compelling and worth your time.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Me and you both!! Fingers are crossed but for next year, I'm already postponing retirement.
    Wife: Why can't we go see the kids more often?
    Me: centipede Press LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I really suggest waiting for The much hoped for Centipede Press edition, and get a house LOL!!!
    If there's a CP edition of WD SIGN ME UP NOW! Jerad lives down the road (relatively speaking) and I have a tent and have no issue camping out waiting for this.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Found the copy of Watership Down I want. But damn, the checking account can't handle it right now. Or later. Or ever.

Wife: Tell me again why we can't buy a house?
    Me: Rabbits

Any idea which version she was watching?
    I really suggest waiting for The much hoped for Centipede Press edition, and get a house LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Found the copy of Watership Down I want. But damn, the checking account can't handle it right now. Or later. Or ever.

That made me laugh about house lol. I'm not sure how many are out there but she was watching an animated version. It was on while I was doing other stuff.
    Last edited by Brian861; 08-23-2020, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

My wife was watching it the other day but I've never seen the whole thing through nor read the book.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    That was me - it's one of my favorite books. I just have a random paperback copy (it's a nice one at least, but has gone backpacking with me before so it's not a collectible by any means.)

I would love some sort of deluxe edition of WD, and I have looked the one you've posted but just never pulled that trigger before. Maybe a visit to Abes and/or eBay is on the horizon today. (Wonder if I can convince my wife to watch the animated film . . .)

Thanks for sharing!

My wife was watching it the other day but I've never seen the whole thing through nor read the book.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I'm still reading All the Good Indians. Kind of slow goings since I manage at most 10 pages a night before bed.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    I have a copy of it, but I've never read Watership Down.

Need to rectify that sometime in the near future.

B
    It's one of my favorite books. And don't be fooled by the premise of a book full of talking rabbits - it's not a cute story and is actually quite horrific at times. And the movie from the 70s is a perfect example that animation is a medium and not a genre (omg it's a cartoon and there's blood - think of the children!)

As a side note - I haven't seen the new CGI version - it just didn't look very good.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    Finished The Silence by Tim Lebbon. Liked this one alot. Some very emotional, hard-hitting passage in this one.

B
    I'm excited to get this one. My copy from SST is on its way from CD (might actually be here tomorrow?) but who knows when I'll get through it.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    That was me - it's one of my favorite books. I just have a random paperback copy (it's a nice one at least, but has gone backpacking with me before so it's not a collectible by any means.)

I would love some sort of deluxe edition of WD, and I have looked the one you've posted but just never pulled that trigger before. Maybe a visit to Abes and/or eBay is on the horizon today. (Wonder if I can convince my wife to watch the animated film . . .)

Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Someone mentioned Watership Down. Thought I'd share photos of my copy. It is a sweet little book, well put together with a nice slipcase and wonderful illustrations by John Lawrence. Not an expensive book, but one I'm proud to own.....

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Finished The Silence by Tim Lebbon. Liked this one alot. Some very emotional, hard-hitting passage in this one.

Started The Sorrows by Jonathan Janz. 100 pages in and liking it so. Very traditional gothic feel to it. Though at times it also definitely feels like an author's first book.

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    I have a copy of it, but I've never read Watership Down.

Need to rectify that sometime in the near future.

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Got about half way through A Season in Carcosa ed. by Joseph Pulver. There were a couple of decent stories, but for the most part the tales were unmemorable.

Doubtful I ever finish this one.

On a better note, I'm about half way through The Silence by Tim Lebbon and thoroughly enjoying it.

B.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X