No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished In Sunlight and in Shadow by Mark Helprin. Finished it at work, put myself about an hour behind, but am slowly catching up. This book makes a great companion piece to his Winter's Tale. Maybe there's a third book about New York coming soon. (WT was about new york at the end of the 20th century, ISAIS sbout New york after WWII; New york at the beginning of the 20th cent would be fitting!).

Finished in time for my early reader club shipment tonight; Cloud Atlas is still about 2 weeks away (mail-wise), so I've got time for one or two of them.
    Last edited by srboone; 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finishing up Strangers by Koontz. Hopefully finish it off this week. I don't get much reading time - maybe 25-30 mins during my lunch break, and depending on what's going on, some time after supper. Love this book by the way!

Problem is......what to do next. I have 5 other Koontz books to read, plus a couple Stephen King too..... I think I want to read Tick Tock next - it's fairly short. Strangers is 690 or so pages and is taking me a while to read it. Salem's Lot is up there too, but....decisions are so hard!!!!

Comment

Read the rest of the series and it will make more sense. I just finished Chorus of Dust by Justin Paul Walters.Good spin on the ghost story.Now I am going to read the rain dancers by Greg F. Gifune.. Trying to catch up on these Dark Fuse novellas while I wait for the ERC books to arrive.
        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I agree. I enjoyed it up until the end and it just seemed like the fight was there simply to give some sort of climax, but didn't quite hit the mark. Sad because the rest of pretty darn entertaining. I'll have to read the other two books one of these days to see how it ends.

Comment

I'm still reading IT, Since like August. Used to read at work, can't do that anymore.

Comment

Oh yea, finished "The Colour of Magic" and also "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline (a decent story, but not really the "chock full of 80's trivia!" that many reviews seem to claim. Aside from some gaming tidbits, the rest of the "80's stuff" was pretty mainstream. And there were some tangents that went on a little too long for my tastes, but overall the story was good, even if about 100 pages could have been chopped).

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Read the rest of the series and it will make more sense. I just finished Chorus of Dust by Justin Paul Walters.Good spin on the ghost story.Now I am going to read the rain dancers by Greg F. Gifune.. Trying to catch up on these Dark Fuse novellas while I wait for the ERC books to arrive.
              Once you are done that one, let us know. I discovered that yesterday while searching out books on the 'net, and it sounded pretty interesting.

Comment

Finished Fight Club and started All the Pretty Horses.
                http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok done.Very creep book.I thought I knew where this was going twice and was wrong.Loved it.Now on to He Waits by J G Faherty.While I wait for my ERC6 books to get here.
                  Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Once you are done that one, let us know. I discovered that yesterday while searching out books on the 'net, and it sounded pretty interesting.

Comment

Finished I'm Not Sam. Couldn't put it down. It's only a novella and just a 90 minute read, but there were other things I SHOULD"VE been doing instead. I've only read 6 Ketchums (Offseason, Offspring, The Woman, The Crossing, Old Flames,and I'm Not Sam), but this this one has to be my favorite of those. Right now I'm waiting a bit, listening to the music, then I'll start the bonus story (as JK suggested in his excellent introduction.)
                    Last edited by srboone; 11-15-2012, 12:12 AM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So can not wait.So can not wait.Now Squire you need to read The Girl Next Door. Happy to hear you liked it.If correct I will be reading this tomorrow night.So hope the
                      mail comes early.

Comment

I've yet to read a Ketchum book. Seems like one of those intriguing authors I want to try. However....to find the time, and to try to justify to my wife more books purchases when I have like 7 or 8 unread.....

Comment

Only 7 or 8??????? You need to build that unread pile up some more, quickly!!!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It's actually 12+ - 6 King, 5 Koontz, 1 Brian Greene, 1 Lynda La Plante ARC from the free ARC promo recently on here.

Plus.....I may be placing a small order from here in the next day or so. On top of the coming orders I have here (Shivers, a chapbook too).

So.......it doesn't really make sense (as much as I oh so want to do it) to jump on the latest ERC7..... I think it will be the next one I get on. Need to start my Xmas shopping!!!!

Comment

100 pages into American Psycho. Were we really that shallow in the 1980s? I personally liked the decade...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

12????? 12 ?????. I think the last time my TBR pile was that small I was 12.
                                Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                                It's actually 12+ - 6 King, 5 Koontz, 1 Brian Greene, 1 Lynda La Plante ARC from the free ARC promo recently on here.

Plus.....I may be placing a small order from here in the next day or so. On top of the coming orders I have here (Shivers, a chapbook too).

So.......it doesn't really make sense (as much as I oh so want to do it) to jump on the latest ERC7..... I think it will be the next one I get on. Need to start my Xmas shopping!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X