Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debut of my magazine column about collectible horror fiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, guys! :-)

(And, Bugen, I miss your video reviews...)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I just inquired about shipping to Canada. Hopefully the tariffs won't be exorbitant!

Comment

Received notice that this is shipping.

Comment

My copy arrived in today's mail. First of all, I must comment on how refreshing it is to hold a hard copy of a zine in hand when so much of today's output is online only. Secondly, the price is ridiculously low considering the quality of the publication. What's not to love?

I turned to your article first, Ron, and read it in its entirety. It is very well written and informative. Being a huge fan of the works of Robert McCammon, Dark Harvest is a publisher that has always held a high place of interest in my collection. The Dark Harvest editions of both Swan Song and They Thirst are still highly sought after by McCammon collectors, especially the signed/limited and lettered versions. Congrats on what I would say is a very successful column. I've yet to read the rest of the magazine but it looks to be a winner overall. I am looking forward to more issues and more of your articles. Good job!

Shotgun Strange Stories 1.jpg

Comment

Thanks, MG. There was so much to talk about r.e. Dark Harvest (novels (like that copy of THEY THIRST I spy to left in your collection!), collections, anthologies) that I found myself having to limit myself to a focused, manageable slice of their output. If I'd had three times the editorial space, I could've covered things more exhaustively, but I think that only you and I and other ardent Dark Harvest fans would've enjoyed that. I appreciate the kind words, and, as well, the first look at the magazine in the wild...I haven't even received my copies yet, so that's pretty cool to see.

I just started my second column -- for the forthcoming Sept. issue -- and it's even more focused, a single project by a particular author with unique collectible properties. I think for the third column I'll change it up a bit and take a 1000-foot view of some facet of the limited-edition scene.

Comment

hmmm...I may have to invest in a copy or three.
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                My copy arrived in today's mail. First of all, I must comment on how refreshing it is to hold a hard copy of a zine in hand when so much of today's output is online only. Secondly, the price is ridiculously low considering the quality of the publication. What's not to love?

I turned to your article first, Ron, and read it in its entirety. It is very well written and informative. Being a huge fan of the works of Robert McCammon, Dark Harvest is a publisher that has always held a high place of interest in my collection. The Dark Harvest editions of both Swan Song and They Thirst are still highly sought after by McCammon collectors, especially the signed/limited and lettered versions. Congrats on what I would say is a very successful column. I've yet to read the rest of the magazine but it looks to be a winner overall. I am looking forward to more issues and more of your articles. Good job!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20799[/ATTACH]
                Cool to see that people are getting them, hopefully mine will not be far behind!

Comment

The Eagle has landed...received my copies today. I also have a flash-fiction story in the issue, but it's the column that's got me kind of excited...it even features an original-art color masthead.

Last edited by RonClinton; 07-06-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    The Eagle has landed...received my copies today. I also have a flash-fiction story in the issue, but it's the column that's got me kind of excited...it even features an original-art color masthead.

Got my boy as well. Just glanced through and noticed you had a short fiction piece as well. Your column stands out with the color graphics as well. Looks to contain some pretty nice content throughout. Looking forward to digging in.
                    Last edited by Martin; 07-07-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Martin (and others), hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Shipping to Canada is now available! And cheap too! My order has been placed.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Thanks, Martin (and others), hope you enjoy it.
                          Received mine today. Can I have your PA's number so I can have my people contact your people about getting a sig

Comment

Got mine yesterday. Immediately read City Boy and loved it. Great little story Ron!

Comment

Thanks, Jeff, very kind of you to say. :-)

Last night I finished the first rough draft of my next column, scheduled for Issue #2 on September 1. It explores in detail the horror-fiction work that has collectible properties that make it absolutely unique. This one really gets into the weeds...it’s already about a third longer than the first column.

Comment

Got my copy today. Will probably start it tonite.

Comment

Working...
                                X