Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debut of my magazine column about collectible horror fiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JasonUK
    replied
    Agreed, this looks like a terrific venture. I will look into getting a copy in the UK but I may have to go with the digital version.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I need to get on board with this...Your column looks right up my alley!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Your job will never be done! You have to make me go on a shopping spree every issue!
    I'll do my best to live up to that responsibility...

Working on second draft of the new column...get your checkbook ready.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    My job here is done.
    Your job will never be done! You have to make me go on a shopping spree every issue!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Now I have a urge to go buy some Dark Harvest books. .
    My job here is done.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Just finished issue 1. Read it all in one sitting! Now I have a urge to go buy some Dark Harvest books. I just ordered a subscription through Patreon.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Got my copy today. Will probably start it tonite.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks, Jeff, very kind of you to say. :-)

Last night I finished the first rough draft of my next column, scheduled for Issue #2 on September 1. It explores in detail the horror-fiction work that has collectible properties that make it absolutely unique. This one really gets into the weeds...it’s already about a third longer than the first column.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Got mine yesterday. Immediately read City Boy and loved it. Great little story Ron!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Thanks, Martin (and others), hope you enjoy it.
    Received mine today. Can I have your PA's number so I can have my people contact your people about getting a sig

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Shipping to Canada is now available! And cheap too! My order has been placed.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks, Martin (and others), hope you enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The Eagle has landed...received my copies today. I also have a flash-fiction story in the issue, but it's the column that's got me kind of excited...it even features an original-art color masthead.

Got my boy as well. Just glanced through and noticed you had a short fiction piece as well. Your column stands out with the color graphics as well. Looks to contain some pretty nice content throughout. Looking forward to digging in.
    Last edited by Martin; 07-07-2018, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The Eagle has landed...received my copies today. I also have a flash-fiction story in the issue, but it's the column that's got me kind of excited...it even features an original-art color masthead.

Last edited by RonClinton; 07-06-2018, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    My copy arrived in today's mail. First of all, I must comment on how refreshing it is to hold a hard copy of a zine in hand when so much of today's output is online only. Secondly, the price is ridiculously low considering the quality of the publication. What's not to love?

I turned to your article first, Ron, and read it in its entirety. It is very well written and informative. Being a huge fan of the works of Robert McCammon, Dark Harvest is a publisher that has always held a high place of interest in my collection. The Dark Harvest editions of both Swan Song and They Thirst are still highly sought after by McCammon collectors, especially the signed/limited and lettered versions. Congrats on what I would say is a very successful column. I've yet to read the rest of the magazine but it looks to be a winner overall. I am looking forward to more issues and more of your articles. Good job!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20799[/ATTACH]
    Cool to see that people are getting them, hopefully mine will not be far behind!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X