Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true so I ask a different question..
    Are you listening to Hall and Oates cause you have a case of possession obsession.....

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hahahaha!!! You said the same when I did all that research and predicted Gone Girl!

Comment

A good choice, Dan! I have logged your "official" guess for the contest.
      Thank you sir! I kind of stole your vote on that one, I spent about an hour doing research, and just couldn't find anything that made more sense, unless it's something that comes completely out of left field. A graphic novel, Secretary of Dreams (or something like it) or Dark Man type thing would be bloody cool too, but I just can't put my money on that

And thank you, Brian, for hosting this guessing game! It wasn't necessary, and win or lose, I think it was mighty cool of you!
      Last edited by Theli; 03-28-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        It's true so I ask a different question..
        Are you listening to Hall and Oates cause you have a case of possession obsession.....
        Not so much possession obsession but completely book crazy. I think I am in good company, as we all suffer from book related mental illness on this forum, especially when it comes to Stephen King.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          And thank you, Brian, for hosting this guessing game! It wasn't necessary, and win or lose, I think it was mighty cool of you!
          I would like to concur with Dan's sentiments and say that it is totally awesome that you have kindly offered to do this, Brian! A big thank you from me too!!!
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

I have it from a totally unreliable source that Cemetery Dance will be re-issuing reimagined versions of the late great Dr. Seuss! Green Eggs and Ham becomes a terrifying romp through the world of flesh eating Whos and sneetches. Don't get me started on To Think That I Saw IT on Mulberry Street. I don't want to sound like a sour puss, but please anything but another Stephen King book. There are so many authors out there that I'd like to see Cemetery Dance print.
            Have a great weekend,
            Mike

Comment

Nice one, Brian! This sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I would also be willing to keep track of the of all the "official" guesses for you.
              Thank you! You already win a prize for being the official keeper of the official guesses!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Wow, I think you are taking this a little bit too seriously.

You do know that there is isn't really a prize on offer don't you?
                Nah, just messing around . . . but if our silly jousting contributed to this new little game, all the better!
                Last edited by BrianS; 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

OK - here is my "Official guess"....

Because of the publication date of late summer, and the story does feature fire in Johnny's vision (as well as fire featuring prominently on the cover for the DVD see a search on Amazon for example) - with fire being part of the teaser - I believe CD will be producing a 35th anniversary deluxe edition (of some type) of Stephen King's The Dead Zone. Also, as has been discussed, King is one of CD's (and others too I'd bet) biggest names, and would justify such hype about a book announcement. Also, this was originally published in August of 1979 - making it a "late summer" release. Seems like everything lines up.

I will also speculate (and maybe I am reaching on this one), but 2015 would be 35 years since the release of Firestarter - so could CD even be contracted to produce a 35th anni of this too?!?!?!

I ruled out Carrie (40th), because PS is already doing one, and can't see 2 specialty presses double dipping so to speak.

Also, thanks for doing this Brian!!!

Also, I will add this - that this announcement, will also include the news that there are more ltd ed/anniversary ed's of multiple King books (signing of rights to do these) on their way over the next few years, as well as other authors.
                  Last edited by TJCams; 04-03-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Brian, for this contest!.Very nice of you! Now to start thinking about my official guess...

Comment

Wow, thanks Brian. Sounds like fun! I need to think on this for a while...

Comment

OK, here's my official guess. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. 2014 is it's 30th anniversary, originally published by Philtrum Press in 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                          OK, here's my official guess. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. 2014 is it's 30th anniversary, originally published by Philtrum Press in 1984.
                          That's a solid guess. I had no idead that Eyes of the Dragon had an earlier printing.

Comment

That would be fantastic!
                            Originally posted by rusty23 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                              Thank you! You already win a prize for being the official keeper of the official guesses!

Brian
                              That's awesome! Thanks Brian!!
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                That's a solid guess. I had no idead that Eyes of the Dragon had an earlier printing.
                                Yeah it did, but as a deluxe traycased S/L edition. The official publication was not until 1987.
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X