This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    My official guess is a previously unpublished story from King ala Blockade Billy?
    You need to specify which unpublished story you are predicting for your "Official Guess."

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    3) Don't be vague. Just naming the author won't win you the big prize. You need to list the title, or titles, or a specific concept for a project.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

My official guess is a collection of King's unpublished short stories and poems.

Comment

I just remembered a deadline for the contest would be a good thing. Let's have all of the official guesses in place by 8 PM eastern time on Sunday, April 6, 2014 -- or the moment when word leaks out as determined by when my inbox lights up. Thanks!
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Stephen King named his pseudonym Richard Bachman after one of his favorite bands, Bachman Turner Overdrive (BTO)

On "April 7, 1988" BTO released a Greatest Hits Live CD called "King" Biscuit Flower Hour Archive Series

There have also been "7" Bachman books released so far, the 7th being a novel called "Blaze"

King mentioned in the introduction to "Blaze" that Bachman was the man using the name John Swithen (Swithen is a character in "Carrie"). John Swithen was the name of King's second pseudonym, a name he published the story "The Fifth Quarter" under in Cavalier magazine magazine in "April" of 1972.

BTO's first studio album was leased in 1973, the same year King sold the rights to publish Carrie, which was itself published on 4/5/1974.

All of this leaves me with a conundrum. Is the announcement about Blaze? Carrie? Or perhaps, Blaze and Carrie?

Because Carrie is already getting the anniversary treatment from PS Publishing I am making my "Official Guess" BLAZE!

Comment

My official Guess...

Reasoning:

A) CD has done the BEST job of any of the signed limited editions (a few older exceptions) that have been done so far.

B) a HUGE project like this is likely more than one book.

C) Such a big announcement is likely from SK, as you have all pointed out already.

So I believe it is not entirely impossible that CD has obtained a contract to complete ALL FUTURE Stephen King works, as a Signed/Limited and Gift Edition.

Comment

"My Official Guess": THE DEAD ZONE SL/Limited, Gift, and Lettered Editions
              from CD

Comment

My official guess:

Sword In The Darkness revised the same way SK did with Blaze in order to make it publishable as a Bachman book. Although not a central event there is a large fire as the back drop to the race riot that occurs in the story.

Comment

My official guess is:

The final book in the Talisman-Black House trilogy.

My reasoning:
                  2014 is the 30th anniversary of the year the Talisman was originally released. Black House was published by Random House, and the Talisman comic series was published by Del Rey, which is a branch of Ballantine Books, which is owned by Random House. Peter Straub is published by Simon and Schuster. There have been rumors of the 3rd book off and on for years now, so having it ready for publication would create a HUGE amount of buzz.

Publishing the trade version of the 3rd book would be a major event for Cemetery Dance, both in terms of volume and increased public awareness. Publishing a limited of the new volume, or even a limited of the full matching set including a 30th anniversary Talisman, would be a major announcement for the collecting community. It would also follow the trend started by Grant: Limited of Book 1, limiteds of Book 1 and 2 in new but matching formats, and now limiteds of 1, 2, and 3 in a different matching format.

Comment

Whatever it is CD has managed to create some buzz. LOL.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My official guess is...
                      A new Stephen King anthology of short stories that are uncollected to date.

The other two authors are Hugh Howey and Benjamin Percy. Two new but exciting talents.

Comment

Hugh Howey has deal with sub press for the wool trilogy. Not sure of anything beyond that.

Benjamin Percy would be cool.

Comment

My official guess will be the unpublished novel that Mr. Chizmar secured the rights to a few years back. My guess is that Mr. King has decided to revise 'Sword in the Darkness' and Cemetery Dance will publish it.
                          Last edited by Martin; 03-31-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brionen View Post
                            My official guess is:

The final book in the Talisman-Black House trilogy.

My reasoning:
                            2014 is the 30th anniversary of the year the Talisman was originally released. Black House was published by Random House, and the Talisman comic series was published by Del Rey, which is a branch of Ballantine Books, which is owned by Random House. Peter Straub is published by Simon and Schuster. There have been rumors of the 3rd book off and on for years now, so having it ready for publication would create a HUGE amount of buzz.

Publishing the trade version of the 3rd book would be a major event for Cemetery Dance, both in terms of volume and increased public awareness. Publishing a limited of the new volume, or even a limited of the full matching set including a 30th anniversary Talisman, would be a major announcement for the collecting community. It would also follow the trend started by Grant: Limited of Book 1, limiteds of Book 1 and 2 in new but matching formats, and now limiteds of 1, 2, and 3 in a different matching format.
                            I love this idea! I'm a huge Straub fan (yes, I know that this will put me in a very small minority) even more than I am of King, so a matching s/l of the trilogy signed by both would be amazing. I would think that Grant would be the logical publisher since they did the last set? An announcement of the third book might make sense since the first two were recently reissued in hardcover...

I'm still debating over my official guess. I'm going to have to lock one in soon.

Comment

My official guess : although PS Publishing is dealing with the 40 years anniversary of CARRIE, it seems to be one of the biggest project dealt by CD.
                              PS Publishing has announced a big surprise related to Carrie, but we still dont know what that is.
                              Furthermore, the 7th of april is the working day that just follows April 5th, which is, i think the supposed official release date of CARRIE.

>>> I would say that it's all related.
                              Maybe the lettered edition of CARRIE, 40 years anniversary, that is still not officially announced is done as a partnership between CD & PS?
                              ----

Webmaster of a french website dedicated to Stephen King : the Club Stephen King
                              Also available on twitter, @ClubStephenKing

Comment

Hmmm. Some terrific guesses and reasonings on this thread. I am preparing mine, but I need a little more time to ready it. Thankfully, it has not been mentioned yet, so I will be able to unveil it in my typically bizarre man-in-a-pink-bunny-suit fashion, with a special nod to Monty Python.

Maybe tomorrow or the next day. Definitely by 8PM on 06April. Would that be EST, Brian?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X