Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I'd spend that much of your money, my funds don't allow anywhere near that. A gift edition for me, if anything at all.

Comment

Hey everybody! Brand new member here. I've started collecting CD releases over the last couple of years, and had a quick question on how they handle their big announcements.

I've received e-mails regarding their announcements over the last year, and have been able to get orders in promptly (I was able to order signed copies of The Damnation Game and Gone Girl). Will CD put the item they're announcing for sale immediately? Or is it possible the announcement will be made on April 7th, but the book won't go on sale until later?

I'm trying to figure out if I should take the day off work on April 7th.

Comment

Several posts have quoted Brian as saying the project will be out late summer. But did he say late summer 2014? I'm thinking late summer 2014 doesn't give enough time to get a huge project together and printed. Perhaps he meant late summer 2015?

Comment

I still think the big announcement will be an original from SK. Special editions don't seem to fit something that "...most important projects in a long time" phrase. A long time ago they released BB which was a major deal for CC. Whatever it is I hope there is an edition that I can afford.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yeah. I really can't think of LEs that would be a bigger deal than IT unless they're republishing something that has already been done before (like The Stand).

Comment

Originally posted by dawniegirl View Post
              Several posts have quoted Brian as saying the project will be out late summer. But did he say late summer 2014? I'm thinking late summer 2014 doesn't give enough time to get a huge project together and printed. Perhaps he meant late summer 2015?
              They are probably already deep into production on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chetripley80 View Post
                Hey everybody! Brand new member here...Will CD put the item they're announcing for sale immediately? Or is it possible the announcement will be made on April 7th, but the book won't go on sale until later?

I work the night shift here in KCMO and I've often wondered that myself. But they tend to make these big announcements around 10 am EST and the book goes on sale immediately, so I have a couple of hours to sleep before sitting in front of my computer hoping I get my order in before the site crashes.

But best to ask Brian. He knows all and tells nothing!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Welcome, hope you stick around. I have been buying from CD since 1998 and I can't recall a single time they made an announcement and did not offer the item for sale. They have pulled items from sale when production delays were extreme but the pre-orders that had been placed stood. I have also seen them raise prices when production was costlier than originally anticipated, but again they honored all pre-orders. As Squire stated Brina is the guy to answer this but expect he is a bit busy at the moment. Rumor is that they have a big week ahead.
                  Hey everybody! Brand new member here. I've started collecting CD releases over the last couple of years, and had a quick question on how they handle their big announcements.

I've received e-mails regarding their announcements over the last year, and have been able to get orders in promptly (I was able to order signed copies of The Damnation Game and Gone Girl). Will CD put the item they're announcing for sale immediately? Or is it possible the announcement will be made on April 7th, but the book won't go on sale until later?

Comment

RUMOR?????RUMOR?????You mean there is a possibility that it won't be a big week.... Damn.....

Comment

No, it's not going to be a big announcement; You can sleep in on Monday, Tom. No worries.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Rumor is that they have a big week ahead.
                        I've heard no such rumors!
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

See, here's where I have to be careful because folks have already logged their official guesses and I almost just said something that would have changed a bunch of them.

There will be a book announced on Monday that will be available for ordering immediately. We're aiming for 11 AM eastern time for the announcement. That is the time we have coordinated with our website expert, our hosting company, and another website that will also be announcing the news.

Hopefully all goes well and 11 AM happens. Sometimes there are problems, which drives me absolutely NUTS because I'll have spent the last month coordinating things and trying to prepare the server and work out the kinks, etc.

The CDCC will get the very first email about this announcement. For members of the CDCC, the subject line will be the usual one you see for all of your emails but we'll add (IMPORTANT!) to the end.

The next place news will appear is on our Twitter and Facebook accounts, and our Google+ account if all goes well. The newsletter will also start sending at this time, but it can take up to 2 hours to fully send to the 30,000 addresses on the list. This is a feature of the software to prevent mass messages from accidentally being marked as spam and it cannot be sped up.

The Breaking News page of the website will be disabled because the software we use for it really drags down the server under heavy loads. Please do not keep reloading the Breaking News page because no news will appear there.

The front page will be updated at the same time time we post on Twitter and Facebook (and hopefully Google+).

Also, there is a chance this forum will crash or be disabled to prevent the server from crashing.

If I can, I will post some fun teasers on Sunday night after all of the official guesses are in.

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

IMPORTANT at the end of the email subject?? Just where my phone will cut of off. Although, Its not like I wont be sitting on my hotmail and gmail refreshing both in case it doesn't come to my phone immediately lol

Comment

My official guess:
                              A four volume set (along the lines of SP's The Green Mile) of four unknown stories by Stephen, Joe, Owen, and Tabitha. I think it would count as an important publication as it would be the first King family signed limited type publication.

I hope I don't have to try and name titles as what I'm suggesting is unknown stories....

As for speculation for fun, I was tossing up between Talisman 3, Bachman books re-issues INCLUDING Rage, or a multiple volume set of something like Different Seasons or Four Past Midnight.

Part of me hopes its something I can live without as we have a holiday coming up in June I need to save for :-)

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I definitely will take the day off work on Monday so I can be at my home computer and be ready for the pre-order.

Comment

Working...
                                X