Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I guess it's time to make it official...

Sometimes the world can make me crazy, and the imminent announcement on Monday has done nothing if not made me crazy. And when that happens, I need to find something crazier. So Friday afternoon, I sat down in my living room with every Monty Python film I own. 'Long towards evening, I came across this familiar scene:

It still makes no sense to me 30 years later, and that's when I had what I can only describe as a Guiness-fuelled epiphany! CD's announcement isn't supposed to make sense, at least not in a conventional way.

So I'm here to expose CD's teaser pic for the 07April announcement as a...

10712835-herring-image-by-bartlomiej-stroinski-stockxchng.jpg

Actually, it's needs to be tinted a little.

10712835-herring-image-by-bartlomiej-stroinski-stockxchng.jpg

That's better.

The truth of the matter is, the flaming teaser pic is a red herring when it comes to the subject mattter of the book. All it represents is that, with Rich's slick maneuverings and CD's awesome production values, CD IS ON FI-YER! So while Brian has everybody on this forum attempting to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with said herring

BJFkwsn!.JPG

(which should make him, at least, an honorary Knight)

he's been plotting Monday's announcement which will be:

EKKI-EKKI-EKKI-PITANG-ZOOM-BOING!!!

Translation: Later this year, CD will publish the first-ever edition of Phil & Sundance, an 80-page unfinished novella that Rich acquired last year--confirmed by Brian (though with no plans for publication at the time.)

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...d-King-novella

But that was last year. Did King agree to go back and finish it? Will it be published unfinished with explanatory notes by King? That I can't say. But I'm anxious to find out!

So the Knight who is plotting to no longer say "Ni!" has been exposed as a very naughty boy; very naughty indeed!

PBNot.JPG

But please, continue to guess away with very well-reasoned arguements, even thought the prize has just been won. It's okay, everybody is invited to the announcement party!

monty-python.jpg

Somebody has to be in charge of the sheep dip!

-------------------------

I drink therefore I am! Officially speaking.
    Last edited by srboone; 04-02-2014, 10:36 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wow... If you are right or wrong that was one hell of a way to put out your official guess. I think you deserve a prize even if you are not right.

Comment

Well, if you can't be right, be spectacularly wrong!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well played my friend, but wrong. It won't be a Stephen King book, because, wait for it, Cemetery Dance is tired of mucking around with living authors. Who can blame them?? If you just publish dead authors, you don't have to worry about signature pages and who signed what and who will sign what, when. The dead don't sign! Unless, of course, you count V.C. Andrews! So my pick, not Stephen King, a dead guy!
          MDH
          PS: I know I'm right because April 7th is my Anniversary and I damn sure got that right! LOL!!!

Comment

Crap! Thanks, Mike, I was still riding the high of making that post (A lot more work went into those finding and manipulating those pics than you might think). Nothing like a crash landing!

Congrats on the anniversary!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Crap! Thanks, Mike, I was still riding the high of making that post (A lot more work went into those finding and manipulating those pics than you might think). Nothing like a crash landing!

Congrats on the anniversary!
              You are always at the top of your game brother!! Great post!! However, Dead people are just easier to work with. Thanks, 36 years... three of the best years of her life, and I was Iraq for 18 months of those LOL!!! She's the Best!!
              Mike

Comment

My official guess(es) are a sequel to Firestarter or Carrie. I don't think it will be Firestarter as there is already a limited of that, but a Firestarter sequel, that could be.

"Firestarter: To Hot To Handle" or "Carrie: Girl, You'll be a woman soon." I would be ok with either.
                -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                gamertag : calason

Comment

Originally posted by calason View Post
                  My official guess(es) are a sequel to Firestarter or Carrie. I don't think it will be Firestarter as there is already a limited of that, but a Firestarter sequel, that could be.

"Firestarter: To Hot To Handle" or "Carrie: Girl, You'll be a woman soon." I would be ok with either.
                  Sorry but you can only have one guess. You need to decide which one to go for...

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                  2) One guess per person. Speculate all you want, but you can only have ONE official guess.
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                    Sorry but you can only have one guess. You need to decide which one to go for...
                    Ooops...me no read good. I go for a Firestarter sequel, because why not!
                    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                    gamertag : calason

Comment

My official guess is a limited edition of the original release of The Stand.

I don't think this will be a sequel to any of his previous novels as, IMO, one of the big publishers would be releasing it and it would be known already given that this is set for a summer release.

I don't think this will be a lettered edition of Carrie since PS has already announced this. If there were contractual obligations between them and CD they wouldn't have announced this.

I also don't think it will be Firestarter since it's been done already.

And because Brian is saying this is their most important project in a while I don't think this will be Mr. Mercedes, or an unfinished manuscript.

Comment

In a way I hope you are right Joe but at the same time...NO! My poor wallet. Hey Brian you guys need like a payment instalment plan for us addicts.

Comment

I was gonna respond with the followon to The Talisman and Black House, but one other person made that they official guess.

So my official guess is a new book that is a collaboration between Stephen King and Johe Hill! Although I like my first idea oh so much better!

crinva02

Comment

In the hope it'll be something new, my official guess is The Fireman by Joe Hill, even though it's not out for aaaaaaages.

It'll probably be Firestarter though.

I doubt it'll be The Flame Alphabet by Ben Marcus.
                            The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                            Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                            ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

I have not read all of the posts on this forum, so I do not know if anyone else has made this guess, and maybe I am off in left field on this, but MY OFFICIAL GUESS is that it is the Best of Cemetery Dance II. It will include one or more stories by King and will be signed by a whole bunch of authors including King. My reasoning for this is that I have heard rumors that this book is in process. I do not think it will be one of the books that PS is doing gift editions of, most of the good old Steven King books have had the special edition treatment. My second choice would be a Mr. Mercedes/Revival combo pack; a two for one deal, but this is not my offcial guess.

Comment

I am sticking to my Firestarter guess and yes I do think the fire is perhaps obvious but maybe it is so obvious it makes us think it can't be that because it is ... Well.. Obvious. There may already be a limited there is no limited on the scale of IT. However for anyone thinking it is something actually entirely new I have to wonder about the publication date which is supposed to be later this year. I would think even a graphic novel would not be possible unless it is already completed as there is not enough time. They have to have an author they normally work with (like King) because we could be waiting two years for signature sheets like one other job we have been waiting on. But with all that, I hoping I am dead wrong. If it is The Stand what would we be wiling to pay? For me I would go maybe $1750 on the lettered if I make it on time. What would everyone be willing to pay for an "IT quality" version The Stand in numbered? $500? More...less?

Comment

Working...
                                X