• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwendy's Final Task

Gwendy's Final Task.jpg

Yes!!!!

Comment

Any more info on this? All a search shows is a Wikipedia mention (at least as far as I see).

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
        Any more info on this? All a search shows is a Wikipedia mention (at least as far as I see).
        No more information that I can find. Mr. Chizmar posted the above photo. I would guess it was posted after they finished. Hopefully we will hear about a release date for fall of next near in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

No more information that I can find. Mr. Chizmar posted the above photo. I would guess it was posted after they finished. Hopefully we will hear about a release date for fall of next near in the next few months.
          Brian Keene mentioned something about Gwendy and Castle Rock a little while ago. Some top secret project. He also at one point recently showed a picture of his weekly work in progress board and there was something about Secret Gwendy project written on it.

Comment

Am excited to see this. Hopefully, CD will have published the limited edition for Gwendy's Magic Feather before this one gets officially announced; otherwise, I will be very disappointed. Still haven't read the 2nd Gwendy book as I'm holding out to read the limited edition I ordered rather than having to shell out for a trade copy too. I also hope that the limited edition for "Gwendy's Magic Feather" will still include the exclusive bonus material that was promised. Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Was on the Bloody Disgusting website earlier today and noticed the new cover art for Gwendy's Final Task. Holy crap has this got me excited. Am a huge Dark Tower fan and love the idea of this book somehow connecting to the series. So cool to see the tower and roses again! Am wondering if CD or SST will be doing a limited or gift edition for this book. I know SST had a gift edition for button box and CD had a limited for magic feather. Wish one company or the other would have been able to contract for all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                Was on the Bloody Disgusting website earlier today and noticed the new cover art for Gwendy's Final Task. Holy crap has this got me excited. Am a huge Dark Tower fan and love the idea of this book somehow connecting to the series. So cool to see the tower and roses again! Am wondering if CD or SST will be doing a limited or gift edition for this book. I know SST had a gift edition for button box and CD had a limited for magic feather. Wish one company or the other would have been able to contract for all 3.
                The cover art leaves no doubt that this is a Dark Tower story.

Comment

God, I've had enough Dark Tower to last me the rest of my life and then some. I loved those books at first, but the last three made me feel like King came over to my house and took a shit on my head. To say that I hated books 5, 6, & 7 would be an understatement.
                  http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Am wondering if CD or SST will be doing a limited or gift edition for this book. I know SST had a gift edition for button box and CD had a limited for magic feather. Wish one company or the other would have been able to contract for all 3.
                    CD is doing an S/L edition. I ordered it on 4/12/21. I'm assuming it'll be the same format as the first book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

CD is doing an S/L edition. I ordered it on 4/12/21. I'm assuming it'll be the same format as the first book.
                      Was that an advanced notice type of deal or via the CD collector's club? I've only seen mention of the trade edition on the website so far. Can't imagine how I would have missed out on an announcement of a S/L edition considering how often I haunt the CD message board and website. Any info is appreciated!

Comment

Was that an advanced notice type of deal or via the CD collector's club? I've only seen mention of the trade edition on the website so far. Can't imagine how I would have missed out on an announcement of a S/L edition considering how often I haunt the CD message board and website. Any info is appreciated!
                        • Gwendy's Button Box - Lonely Road (Signed by King and Chizmar)
                        • Gwendy's Magic Feather - Cemetery Dance (Not yet released) (Signed by Chizmar)
                        • Gwendy's Final Task - Cemetery Dance (Offered for purchase to persons who directly bought, and still own Gwendy's Button Box) (Signed by King and Chizmar)
                        There was a bit of an uproar on TDT as people who purchased the Limited of Magic Feather were not given the chance to purchase Final Task. CD essentially kept the King track in place.
                        I have no idea if Final Task sold out on that pre-sale. If I remember correctly the Link was taken down pretty quick and it has not been offered again.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          • Gwendy's Button Box - Lonely Road (Signed by King and Chizmar)
                          • Gwendy's Magic Feather - Cemetery Dance (Not yet released) (Signed by Chizmar)
                          • Gwendy's Final Task - Cemetery Dance (Offered for purchase to persons who directly bought, and still own Gwendy's Button Box) (Signed by King and Chizmar)
                          There was a bit of an uproar on TDT as people who purchased the Limited of Magic Feather were not given the chance to purchase Final Task. CD essentially kept the King track in place.
                          I have no idea if Final Task sold out on that pre-sale. If I remember correctly the Link was taken down pretty quick and it has not been offered again.
                          Thanks for that info! Bummer, I know that I never saw a link for it on my end of things. Oh well, maybe one day I can find a copy on the secondary market; although, with the way King's books usually end up being priced on the secondary market, there's probably a slim chance that I will actually be able to afford a copy.

Comment

Thanks for that info! Bummer, I know that I never saw a link for it on my end of things. Oh well, maybe one day I can find a copy on the secondary market; although, with the way King's books usually end up being priced on the secondary market, there's probably a slim chance that I will actually be able to afford a copy.
                            Just to add, it was a $500 book, so secondary market values will go up from there.

Comment

Club members got a chance to buy Final Task which is how I got my copy. I hemmed and hawed a bit on it because an unexpected $500 purchase was a little hard to swing comfortably for it, but I pulled the trigger. Admittedly, I did justify it by telling myself I'll sell it, but who knows if I actually will. It took me a lot longer than I thought to part with my duplicate copy of Sleeping Beauties I got from the Portland event.

Comment

Working...
                              X