What is your Magic Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Anyone else here collect comics? I probably have a thousand or so and 100 graphic novels. They are all over the board, a lot of horror comics and DC super hero, but the odd marvel and crime fiction mixed in. I never really got into the westerns or war comics.
    I'm a comic collector, on a small scale, only buying 2 or 3 monthly in single issues. I love Saga and Fatale.

I have a boatload of trades and a number of long boxes full of comics from different periods in my youth(horror, superhero, auto-bio, really any genre).
    http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
    http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
    http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love me some Brubaker, I haven't even touched my copies of Fatale yet (I have the first 4, first print) I think I'll just get a graphic novel when it comes out. They have skyrocketed in price.

Comment

My magic number is one more than I have now...

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          My magic number is one more than I have now...
          So how many do you have now?

Comment

CD's probably close to 1000. DVD's, a measly thirty or so, and books I've never figured out. Half of them are still in boxes in the basement. But I don't have a "magic number" in the sense of "This is what I would keep and I would get rid of the rest if I had to."

I'm kind of opposed to the whole concept of "You've got too much; you have to get rid of some of it." I realize in some cases this may actually be necessary, but just throwing stuff out is not addressing the underlying reasons for the hoarding in the first place - a behavior that most likely won't end up changed just because one drastic measure was taken, and I doubt the show is going to foot the bill for these people to go to therapy. :-) Look how hard it is to get "normal" people to change behaviors.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
              But I don't have a "magic number" in the sense of "This is what I would keep and I would get rid of the rest if I had to."
              What I had in mind when I started this thread was just to get a rough estimate of how many books and/or other collectibles are in someone's collection, not necessarily how many "should" be in a person's collection

Comment

Wow, I've never really counted and it would be hard to do that right now since they seem to be all over the place. But hopefully when i move (soon, hopefully in may) I'll be able to organize and give them a count when I set up my shelves.

Comment

The books are so spread out and so many are boxed up, that I'm really not sure. It's got to be 3,000 or more.
                  CDs around 1500
                  DVDs, probably around 200.
                  Comics close to 10,000. Looking at that number now, I'm so glad I was able to buy most of them for half price. I've almost got them sorted into a single alpha-numeric order.

Finally, speaking of "Schoolhouse Rock", I had to buy the DVD set for me and the little guy. He loves them. My favorites were always "Conjunction Junction" and "Interjections!"
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Conjunction Junction was also a favorite of mine!

Comment

Working...
                    X